Captain's Circle-only deal?

Dee_Jay

On the Star Princess April 27 Alaska cruise, if I look at the Princess website without signing in, it shows one price.  If I log in, the price goes UP $250, but they add $250 OBC, free specialty restaurant meal, free gratuities, and the deposit changes from non-refundable to refundable.

Is this something they do often, and I've just not seen it?  Or is this unusual?

2 hours ago, Dee_Jay said:

On the Star Princess April 27 Alaska cruise, if I look at the Princess website without signing in, it shows one price.  If I log in, the price goes UP $250, but they add $250 OBC, free specialty restaurant meal, free gratuities, and the deposit changes from non-refundable to refundable.

Is this something they do often, and I've just not seen it?  Or is this unusual?

Ha Nothing is for free.

My price almost always goes up signing in.

Thats how they repay repeat cruisers.

I am sailing on the April 23rd Ruby Princess.  When I sign in to check prices mine goes down $100 after login.  No special offers.  I am seriously hoping for the Up Sell Fairy to call me with a offer for a balcony.  It looks like 2/3's of the ship is still open with only a week till final payment.  I haven't checked the Star's 27th sailing, maybe they are having trouble filing it up too.  Seems strange there are so many open cabins in all catagories, except OV obstructed, that's what I have, great deal so I jumped on, LOL  I would love it if they would throw in free specialty restaurant meal, free gratuities.

We had booked a promo with a lot of perks...

Then saw a very low Captain's Circle offer.

On the website, they were, at that time, also throwing in a free specialty dinner,  and then, as a short term flash offer, $100.00 total, for two, OBC.

We had our TA switch the one new offer... BUT...  THE PERKS NEVER DID SHOW UP...  AND GOOD LUCK WITH PRINCESS TRYING TO SHOW THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE THEM.

Go for the offer if it seems beneficial...  But, be sure those perks ARE there on your booking!

The way it has been going lately...  Princess is not showing most, or all, of their guarantee or block type bookings until well after payment date.

Our recent cruise also showed availability...  but then all of the sudden was almost sold out.  

I think they are waiting more until the last minute to give passengers the option to choose their cabin, before assigning all other bookings.

They did send an UPSELL offer,  not an upgrade,  but believe me, it wasn't cheap.

We declined.

So, anyhow, don't look at the current cabin availability online and assume that the ship is not getting booked.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2019 at 7:47 AM, Wishing on a star said:

We had booked a promo with a lot of perks...

Then saw a very low Captain's Circle offer.

On the website, they were, at that time, also throwing in a free specialty dinner,  and then, as a short term flash offer, $100.00 total, for two, OBC.

We had our TA switch the one new offer... BUT...  THE PERKS NEVER DID SHOW UP...  AND GOOD LUCK WITH PRINCESS TRYING TO SHOW THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE THEM.

Go for the offer if it seems beneficial...  But, be sure those perks ARE there on your booking!

We booked, and the perks are showing.  The $250 OBC covers the price difference.  The dinner is worth $29 each (we usually do at least one specialty, so this time we won't have to pay).  The prepaid gratuities are $162 each.  When we called Princess to book,  the Vacation Planner gave us another $30 each of OBC.  So that's $221 x 2 = $442 worth of 'free stuff'.