Found: Wedding Ring~Freedom of the Seas

Rshoen

We recently departed our cruise, on the Freedom of the Seas, but wanted to get word out in case the owner is on these forums. Also posted on RCCL FB page in case the owner follows on FB. We found a wedding ring in our safe from a previous cruise. It was tucked under the edge, in the corner. We turned it into Guest Services last week. They informed us that they have a process for these types of things. We wanted to try to increase the chances of the ring getting returned to the owner, so we are giving this forum a try. Hoping the ring gets reunited to it’s true owner! To the owner: if you think the ring is yours and you find our FB post, feel free to PM us and we would be happy to confirm the details. (Please, only serious responses only. Thank you!) 

• Like 5

Good for you! It is amazing how many people:

1) Leave their wedding ring in the safe under the mat without noticing that they are not wearing it. 

2) Or come on Cruise Critic and post that they found a wedding ring under the mat and kept it while posting on social media to try and find "the rightful owner". :classic_biggrin:

Good job for turning it in and welcome to Cruise Critic! 

Edited by Coralc
  • Thanks 1

They said they keep it on the ship for 30 days waiting for the owner to claim it. If not claimed, it goes to corporate. It was a beautiful ring, so I hope it finds it's way home. I know if it were mine, I'd want it back asap.

3 minutes ago, Rshoen said:

They said they keep it on the ship for 30 days waiting for the owner to claim it. If not claimed, it goes to corporate. It was a beautiful ring, so I hope it finds it's way home. I know if it were mine, I'd want it back asap.

You may also consider posting on the Roll Call for the cruise prior to yours. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

Seems like it would be simple enough for the company to determine the owner.

Just contact the last 10-15 occupants of that particular cabin.

Ask them if they have lost a ring and to verify by sending pictures of their ring.

They have the resources to do it, but will they?

4 hours ago, Rshoen said:

I wonder what happens to it from there.

38 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I wonder what happens to it from there.

That's my fear... you'd think it'd be easy for them to contact the ppl who occupied the room before us. But it sounded like they wait to be contacted which worried me, as what if the owner is a first time cruiser and isn't aware of these boards? 🤷‍♀️

9 hours ago, Rshoen said:

I looked but didn't see it??

What was the date of your sailing (you just said you recently departed, so not sure if it was the last one)? Roll calls can sometimes be hard to spot depending on what's in the title, so knowing the exact date would allow more pairs of eyes to hunt for the one (s) before yours and post the link (s) for you.

Edited by FionaMG

4 hours ago, FionaMG said:

What was the date of your sailing (you just said you recently departed, so not sure if it was the last one)? Roll calls can sometimes be hard to spot depending on what's in the title, so knowing the exact date would allow more pairs of eyes to hunt for the one (s) before yours and post the link (s) for you.

We cruised jan 20-27 out of Puerto Rico

16 hours ago, Rshoen said:

I looked but didn't see it??

2 hours ago, SciFiGuy1960 said:

Here's the roll call for the January 13th 2019 sailing for the Freedom.

And here's the one for the 6th as well:

Try seeing if there is a facebook group for the sailing as well. You could also just use the power of social media, post it and ask people to share! It could make the rounds.  Or even a #freedomoftheseas post may  help so if other people are looking for that trip the will see it!