Suspicious Email From Carnival

sfaaa

This morning, I received an email from DONOTREPLY@CARNIVAL.COM - Itinerary Change. The email was marked high priority, had a PDF file attached but otherwise no content. I deleted it. I then went on to Carnival website and confirmed there was no itinerary change to any of my bookings. So please beware.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The PDF was (probably) a letter explaining that you future sailing is being moved early by 30 min, from a 4pm sailing to 3:30pm.  So if you were planning on showing up right before boarding cut-off time, you may want to move that up a bit.

Many of us have received them.

• Like 1

Phew! That's a relief. For a moment, I was puzzled and somewhat worried how someone (other than Carnival) was able to associate my personal email address with Carnival. Always learn something new on CC. Thank you.

41 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Phew! That's a relief. For a moment, I was puzzled and somewhat worried how someone (other than Carnival) was able to associate my personal email address with Carnival. Always learn something new on CC. Thank you.

You are right to be concerned. Carnival should not send such notices as an attachment. This began when Carnival closed their IT department in Miami and shipped the jobs overseas. 

• Like 1

Yep, what they said.  I got it too, was wary, and so I forwarded it to my super-techy-IT DH and asked if it was safe to open the PDF.  He looked at it, told me it was legit and safe.  So I opened it to find the letter PPs have mentioned: they will be "starting my fun just a bit earlier" - sailing at 3:30 instead of 4:00.  It did look suspicious, though.