Formal Night and Jeans on Valor?

fadeintoblue

On 2/5/2019 at 12:50 PM, teknoge3k said:

There's nothing wrong with not owning a suit or dress shoes of frilly dresses. Hell as an almost 40 year old man, I don't own a suit or dress shoes. There's no need for me to waste my money on that for 2 days of playing dress up a year.

And that’s what the buffet is for.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

I prefer the MDR. My jeans or khakis get me by just fine. Thanks for the "tip" though.

Its all good. I just wanted to clarify that you’re breaking rules because you want to and not because you’d have to waste money.

I already said the unenforced rules aren’t really rules though.

19 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

I prefer the MDR. My jeans or khakis get me by just fine. Thanks for the "tip" though.

18 hours ago, wytygr8 said:

Its all good. I just wanted to clarify that you’re breaking rules because you want to and not because you’d have to waste money.

I already said the unenforced rules aren’t really rules though.

Just to be clear, @teknoge3k's jeans and khakis ARE within the dress code.

Another thread with over 60 (and counting) replies on a dress code. I will never for the life of me understand why what someone else wears matters to some folks.  If Fred and Susan want to dress to the nines in outfits that cost more than i make in a month or if Joe and Sara want to dress in jeans and golf shirts, it does NOT effect my dining experience in any way shape or form.  There are a lot of busy bodies on here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

Just to be clear, @teknoge3k's jeans and khakis ARE within the dress code.

They are for casual, but not for elegant. Even if they’re not specifically listed under the “not permitted” section of the Fun Times, like they are on the website, the dress code is the list of positives, not the list of negatives.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TruckerDave said:

Another thread with over 60 (and counting) replies on a dress code. I will never for the life of me understand why what someone else wears matters to some folks.  If Fred and Susan want to dress to the nines in outfits that cost more than i make in a month or if Joe and Sara want to dress in jeans and golf shirts, it does NOT effect my dining experience in any way shape or form.  There are a lot of busy bodies on here. 

Are you really going to try to claim that what people wear never matters to you? Because I can crush that idea with all sorts of hyperbole. 😛

4 hours ago, wytygr8 said:

Are you really going to try to claim that what people wear never matters to you? Because I can crush that idea with all sorts of hyperbole. 😛

I don't need to "try and claim" anything.  As long as  what you are (or anybody else is) wearing doesn't effect my health or safety IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME.   I may make fun of and laugh at what you are wearing with whoever I'm with, but it won't effect how my meal tastes one bit.  And I certainly wouldn't feel the need to go whining to the staff about it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TruckerDave said:

I don't need to "try and claim" anything.  As long as  what you are (or anybody else is) wearing doesn't effect my health or safety IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME.   I may make fun of and laugh at what you are wearing with whoever I'm with, but it won't effect how my meal tastes one bit.  And I certainly wouldn't feel the need to go whining to the staff about it. 

Okay, hyperbole it is. Let's say you were going to a funeral of someone you loved that was killed by a drunk driver and someone was wearing a t-shirt that showed some team's mascot driving a car over their rival's mascot with a beer in hand.

If that wouldn't bother you, I'd be concerned about you, and while that is an extreme example, it's an example of someone wearing something that would matter to just about everyone, and it shows that everyone is just drawing their arbitrary line on what clothes are okay and where at a different point You might think that where other people are drawing their line is silly, but you most definitely can "understand why what someone else wears matters to some folks." It's because they believe it's disrespectful. And they believe it's disrespectful because it's against the rules. Perhaps you mean to say that you don't understand why someone else breaking rules matters to some folks? Even that, I'd question. I know that I, personally, don't give a fig about rules for the sake of rules, but I can totally understand why others do.

Edited by wytygr8