Room change ahead of cruise

ve3ell

I was considering a room change ahead of our cruise in April. I have noticed the prices have gone up a lot. Has anyone been able to change a room for no extra cost ? We booked our room the first time it was announced for the Celebrity edge.

We've changed cabins in the same category too (side of ship, hump cabins, etc. that weren't originally available when we booked).  And like Luvcrusn said, if there's a price drop (especially after final payment), call your TA or Celebrity if you booked directly thru them, and you can request an upgrade (free if the new price is the same or less than you had paid).  It's worth checking.

I booked a month ago for my March cruise and have already gotten a “free” upgrade from Concierge to Aqua after a price drop then I switched cabins at no charge because I didn’t like the Aqua cabin location they assigned to me. 

2 minutes ago, ve3ell said:

The current price would be $1500. CDN per person more to change from sv1 to c4

If you want to change to a higher category, you have to pay the full difference between what you initially paid, and the current rate for the higher category.