Edge specialty dining for only vegetarian plus kosher fish?

royalcruz

We have a specialty dining package on the Edge and I'm trying to figure out if we will be able to dine in Eden or Le Petit Chef.

My DH only eats vegetarian plus kosher fish (no shellfish and must have fins and scales), so it depends on how flexible they are.

For those who have experienced special requests, do you think we can do the following?

In Le Petit Chef, the regular menu is ok except for the steak...could we have that menu but substitute only the alternative menu seabass for the steak? There is the regular menu and the alternative menu, but DH couldn't eat the onion soup stock or the chicken on the alternative menu.

In Eden, there is a 5 course menu. DH cannot eat anything in the first or 4th courses, but he could eat both of the offerings in the 2nd course. At Wonderland on Royal Caribbean, we just gave the server our restrictions and he was able to provide a great multi-course experience, so we'd love it if they could do something like that. Has anyone done this?

For those of you who are reading and don't know the menus, here they are:

https://eatsleepcruise.com/2019/01/celebrity-edge-restaurant-menus-and-guide/

Thank you in advance for your help

Edited by royalcruz

It is not always possible simply looking at the menu to know exactly what ingredients are in each course...

On board go and see the M’D of the restaurants you are interested in and explain your dietary needs. Do this at least the day before you wish to dine in each restaurant so that the chef can arrange the menu to suit you.

In our experience the food quality and attention to detail is better on X than on RC. Again when dining in Oceanview, ask about items you are uncertain about...

Edited by chemmo

IME, X is very good about accommodating dietary preferences...

You may want to submit the special request form in advance, as well let the M d' know upon embarkation and each eatery 24 hours in advance, when possible.

As noted by c above, in the OBC ask for an AM to go through the buffet with you to know what is good for you or not. There may be times when they can prepare something according to your deisres...

bon appetite and bon voyage

8 hours ago, royalcruz said:

We have a specialty dining package on the Edge and I'm trying to figure out if we will be able to dine in Eden or Le Petit Chef.

My DH only eats vegetarian plus kosher fish (no shellfish and must have fins and scales), so it depends on how flexible they are.

For those who have experienced special requests, do you think we can do the following?

In Le Petit Chef, the regular menu is ok except for the steak...could we have that menu but substitute only the alternative menu seabass for the steak? There is the regular menu and the alternative menu, but DH couldn't eat the onion soup stock or the chicken on the alternative menu.

In Eden, there is a 5 course menu. DH cannot eat anything in the first or 4th courses, but he could eat both of the offerings in the 2nd course. At Wonderland on Royal Caribbean, we just gave the server our restrictions and he was able to provide a great multi-course experience, so we'd love it if they could do something like that. Has anyone done this?

For those of you who are reading and don't know the menus, here they are:

https://eatsleepcruise.com/2019/01/celebrity-edge-restaurant-menus-and-guide/

Thank you in advance for your help

We eat similarly to your DH and have never had a problem on the premium or luxury lines.

We are also trying Celebrity Suites for the first time and I would assume with some notice we won’t have a problem there either.

Fish on ships frequently have strange but I keep the Chabad list on my phone so that I can always check.

Good luck and enjoy.!

34 minutes ago, orchestrapal said:

We eat similarly to your DH and have never had a problem on the premium or luxury lines.

We are also trying Celebrity Suites for the first time and I would assume with some notice we won’t have a problem there either.

Fish on ships frequently have strange but I keep the Chabad list on my phone so that I can always check.

Good luck and enjoy.!

I also have the chabad kosher fish list on my phone. It's the best! 

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

IME, X is very good about accommodating dietary preferences...

You may want to submit the special request form in advance, as well let the M d' know upon embarkation and each eatery 24 hours in advance, when possible.

As noted by c above, in the OBC ask for an AM to go through the buffet with you to know what is good for you or not. There may be times when they can prepare something according to your deisres...

bon appetite and bon voyage

Thank you for the suggestions, Bo!

We really just need help with Eden and Le Petit Chef, as these are new to us and have what I would call orchestrated menus.

We don't like the Kosher meals, so we don't preorder them. We are fine with kosher fish and veggies and regular plates and silverware. We usually just work with the M d' to have kosher food and challah for Shabbat friday night....that way they won't buy all of those meals for us from the Kosher caterer that we won't eat...they don't guarantee kosher otherwise, but they always have enough in stock for one meal. For breakfast and lunch we go to the buffet and there are always plenty of choices that meet our dietary needs...we really don't like to bother the staff, as they have so much to do. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chemmo said:

It is not always possible simply looking at the menu to know exactly what ingredients are in each course...

On board go and see the M’D of the restaurants you are interested in and explain your dietary needs. Do this at least the day before you wish to dine in each restaurant so that the chef can arrange the menu to suit you.

In our experience the food quality and attention to detail is better on X than on RC. Again when dining in Oceanview, ask about items you are uncertain about...

Thank you chemmo.