Haven Bar Service

Cruiser_7777

We're currently on NCL Getaway and staying in the Haven. 

Has anyone else noticed the lack of bar service in the Haven courtyard and sun decks? We had to track a server to get us a drink. With no outdoor bar, toweling off and putting a shirt on everytime to go get a drink inside isn't working.

This is actually the reason I didn't go out on the sundeck when we stayed in the Haven.

There are rumors that servers are supposed to be out there, but I never saw anyone go out there and my fiance spent the afternoon out there and never saw any either.

Just maybe there are not enough Haven guests drinking to warrant having a full or even part-time server.

Maybe a beeper given to each guest using the courtyard to summon a waiter/server - yes service would

be slow but there would at least be some. Having a server just standing around idle waiting for orders is

not all that great a deal ? How many guests are there at any one time to need the instant drink service ? 

Yes service is very sporadic on the away class ships.  IMHO this is because the Haven bar is nowhere near the Haven sundeck.  On Epic, Posh has its own bar so service was available by waiter or walk up.  My experience on Getaway was the same.  No service in sight except on the last day when someone came around serving watermelon on a stick.   I hope NCL rethinks its Haven area on future ships.  From what I have seen at Vibe, its a better set up especially on the away class ships.  They even finally added hot tubs on the Haven sundeck on Escape.  Breakaway and Getaway are my least favorite NCL ships.

I was in the Haven on the Getaway on January 27th and I did not see any servers getting drinks while I was there.  That said, if you made it an issue, I THINK (don't know though) they would make it happen.  Everything i asked of them, they took care of it.  I only used that deck for lounging once or twice.  I did haven AND vibe on a previous cruise and I would do that again if I planned to go without the kids.  The service in the Vibe was awesome.