Price Drops After Final Payment

moondog73

We have been on several cruises and rarely have gotten price drops....until our next cruise.  We booked Early Saver and are now past the final payment date.  We still have about 75 days before sailing and the ship is not sold out yet.  My question is can I still get price drops as OBC for Early Saver even though we are past the final payment date?  What rates would I compare them to?  previously, there was always an Early Saver rate showing.  I know I can't get price drops to match the new booking rates only but can IO get them for other rates?  just wanted an idea of what others have experienced before sitting on hold for 30+ minutes only to be rejected.

7 minutes ago, moondog73 said:

We have been on several cruises and rarely have gotten price drops....until our next cruise.  We booked Early Saver and are now past the final payment date.  We still have about 75 days before sailing and the ship is not sold out yet.  My question is can I still get price drops as OBC for Early Saver even though we are past the final payment date?  What rates would I compare them to?  previously, there was always an Early Saver rate showing.  I know I can't get price drops to match the new booking rates only but can IO get them for other rates?  just wanted an idea of what others have experienced before sitting on hold for 30+ minutes only to be rejected.

You can price match to almost any rate type (there are some small exceptions) until 2 days prior to cruising.

22 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

You can price match to almost any rate type (there are some small exceptions) until 2 days prior to cruising.

^^ This. So if you live in [example :) ] Ohio, and they release a resident special rate, you can match that price. Past Guest rate, same thing. Etc. Basically, any new price on the same cabin category that you would qualify for if you booked it today, you can match to it and get the OBC.