Adding 3rd Passenger and they raised 1st & 2nd

Pizzaman2033

That is how they price the cabins when the  promotion is 3rd and 4th free. If you do a mock booking for 2 passengers and then do another one with the promotion and book for 3, you'll see that the fare goes up for guests 1 and 2.  

I called NCL and they told me that the person I talked to put me in the new promotion without me knowing when I added the 3rd passenger.  The new promotion jacked the price for 1st and 2nd up $130 each.  The agent I spoke to changed it back to original promotion and original price.  I probably would have never noticed if my final payment wasnt due today.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pizzaman2033 said:

I called NCL and they told me that the person I talked to put me in the new promotion without me knowing when I added the 3rd passenger.  The new promotion jacked the price for 1st and 2nd up $130 each.  The agent I spoke to changed it back to original promotion and original price.  I probably would have never noticed if my final payment wasnt due today.

Yep the old "free at sea" routine.

17 hours ago, Pizzaman2033 said:

I called NCL last night to add 3rd passenger to my cabin and they raised the 1st and 2nd by almost $200 per person.  Has this ever happened to anyone?

It is standard practice....they get an "average" per person...so in the invoice you will see it is "free" but yes passenger 1 and 2 absorb the cost of the 3rd person....Princess cruises is the only one (I Think) that does not do this...all others do...thank god for "mock" bookings to see how the price really fluxuates

On 2/8/2019 at 10:51 AM, Pizzaman2033 said:

Happy for you. Enjoy your cruise.