Which cruise for best itinerary and entertainment

Slakes

Please help, I’ve done a lot of research and trying to make the final decision on which cruise to book for our family (kids are 11 and 13). We have decided on a one way from Vancouver ending in Anchorage so we can do a few days to Denali at the end (on our own not through a CL). Have narrowed it down to Island Princess or Westerdam/Noordam on HAL. It seems both lines offer good naturalist programs which we would find very interesting. The Princess cruise goes to Icy Straight Point and College Fjords and HAL goes through the Inside Passage and to Ketchikan. Everything else on the itinerary is the same. Is one a big advantage over the other?  Is either a clear winner in food quality (especially Alaskan specialty offerings) or entertainment offerings?  Does either have a covered pool (that isn’t adults only)? Our kids probably wouldn’t use a kids/teen club and would be with us so things for the whole family are more important than quality of the kids club offerings. 

We could also consider RC Radience of the Seas if that is way better for families, but it goes to Hubbard instead of Glacier Bay and I have read that Glacier Bay is a “must see”. I don’t anticipate getting to go back so trying to decide on the best fit for our one chance to experience Alaska. Thanks for any insight!

We sailed on the Westerdam, and while we had an absolutely fantastic cruise (in great part to the wonderful itinerary that did include Glacier Bay), we found the ship to be a bit on the gloomy side and the kid activities to be non-existent (which we expected so it wasn't a huge deal). 

Ketchikan was our least favorite port of the entire itinerary. We jokingly said that it was the "Nassau" of Alaska. There were 3 ships in port so it was crowded, and the area near the port was filled with chain and junky souvenir stores. We did take a tour that took us away from the port area and we enjoyed a wonderful day and great sights. It's a beautiful area with lots to offer, just a bit overrun with cruise passengers. 

Edited by Tapi

1 hour ago, Coral said:

The Island Princess and Radiance of the Seas both have inside pools. The Radiance I believe is limited to family hours that are listed. Otherwise it is an adult pool.

Noordam and Westerdam have inside pools, and they aren't adult only. In fact all HAL ships have inside pools, they are all not adults only, except Prisendam, which doesn't sail Alaska and is leaving the fleet shortly. 

33 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Noordam and Westerdam have inside pools, and they aren't adult only. In fact all HAL ships have inside pools, they are all not adults only, except Prisendam, which doesn't sail Alaska and is leaving the fleet shortly. 

Thanks - I am not as familiar with the HAL fleet.