Hotel suggestion for Rome (on the way to Venice)

DENIE

We are booked on a Celebrity Cruise in November 2019 from Venice to Rome.  Research suggests that it is more economical to fly round trip to/from Rome (from Phoenix, AZ).  Our cruise embarks from Venice on 11/8, and we plan to leave Phoenix on 11/5 to allow a bit of time and exploration (wish we had time to spend a week or so pre/post-cruise, but that is not possible).  Originally, our plan was to take a flight that got us into Rome morning/early afternoon on 11/6, then take a train to Venice.  However, the best options (only 1 stop in London) would have us arrive early evening in Rome.  Can someone suggest a hotel in/around the airport that is also convenient to the train station?  I understand there is a train station at the airport, and the main station in Rome.  That way we could get a good night sleep, and get up early the next day to continue to Venice. We are "newbies" at this, so thought I would ask....

When I want to stay at the airport because I have an early morning flight out, I stay at the Rome Airport Hilton. NOT the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport - two different places and the HGI is a shuttle bus ride from the airport.   A solid business-class hotel.  It's an easy walk from the airport to the hotel, and from the hotel to the train station - I do it walk when I'm there.  I can't comment on the breakfast buffet (it is not free, though), because I have access to the Lounge, so I get my morning feeding and evening snack grazing there.