Eggs Benedict station, Buffet, Volendam

JOHN 57

1 minute ago, TAD2005 said:

This begs the question..... do you have nothing better to do on a cruise other than stand at the Lido eggs Benedict station and monitor a particular item ?   If you came back, every few minutes,  how do you know that it is exactly the same eggs Benedict ?  Does it have a serial number on it ?   

And if you never saw any eggs Benedict sitting in the "chafing dish for days"  (which would be an impossibility) then why did you post such an idiotic comment ?   Why are most of your comments about HAL cruises always negative and filled with half truths or totally wrong ?

I struck a cord though, didn't I?  You have such pent up anger, and I have helped to release it.  Honestly, I am completely annoyed by the self-riotous attitude of the veteran posters on this board.  Many (including yourself) think there is only one way to sail or one way to see an issue.  Sorry, I disagree.  I stand with the people who oppose tipping, who oppose itinerary changes, who want to bring booze on board for no additional charge, who hate libraries and books, who want fresh food at all times of the day and night, etc.  I stand with the masses.  What I really believe on any issue is irrelevant.

On 2/11/2019 at 2:02 PM, ChinaShrek said:

Yes, and they sit for hours (or days) in the chafing dish.  I will never take one from the Lido.

HAL is pretty strict about the 4 hour rule for all food items, as well as the internal temperature  of their tiramisu.. Please send your findings to CDC so they can monitor your claims about the Lido's multi-day eggs on their next vessel sanitation inspection. This must have escaped them last time. 

2 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

I struck a cord though, didn't I?  You have such pent up anger, and I have helped to release it.  Honestly, I am completely annoyed by the self-riotous attitude of the veteran posters on this board.  Many (including yourself) think there is only one way to sail or one way to see an issue.  Sorry, I disagree.  I stand with the people who oppose tipping, who oppose itinerary changes, who want to bring booze on board for no additional charge, who hate libraries and books, who want fresh food at all times of the day and night, etc.  I stand with the masses.  What I really believe on any issue is irrelevant.

No you didn't strike a chord, just laughable comments.   I always get a good chuckle reading your posts.   Sorry that HAL is not your favorite cruise line.   Please tell us which line actually meets all the requirements you have listed.   I would love to know.

• Like 2

We have done EB in the MDR or room service only. Room service was so so since the dish is delivered semi warm at best and can have over cooked yokes.  I prefer the MDR because I can send them back if the yokes are over cooked which is unacceptable. If they are truly cooked right in front of you in the Lido I will have to try them on the Noordam this summer. 

9 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

Dh says his favorite variation was the Eggs Blackstone with English back bacon. Second favorite was Eggs Oscar with crab. Next favorite was Eggs Sardou with artichoke and creamed spinach. 😋

We have a local restaurant that does EB over crab cakes and they are our favorite variation, we are hoping they will be available on our Alaska cruise this summer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TAD2005 said:

This begs the question..... do you have nothing better to do on a cruise other than stand at the Lido eggs Benedict station and monitor a particular item ?   If you came back, every few minutes,  how do you know that it is exactly the same eggs Benedict ?  Does it have a serial number on it ? 

My thoughts too, exactly what I was thinking about responding, well said LOL 😝

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2