2021 World and Exotic Voyages Preview

bluemarble

The thread from earlier today asking about Cunard's 2021 itineraries got me looking to see if I could find anything that has been pre-released so far about the 2021 itineraries. Here is what I have found listed on a US cruise travel agent site for itineraries that have not yet been formally announced by Cunard from November/December 2020 onward.

Queen Mary 2

Dec 15-22, 2020: Southampton, New York

Dec 22, 2020-Jan 3, 2021: New York, St. Thomas, Saint Kitts, Bridgetown, Castries, Philipsburg, New York

Jan 3-10, 2021: New York, Southampton

Jan 10-Apr 19, 2021: Southampton, Tenerife, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Durban, Port Louis, Reunion, Fremantle, Busselton, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Yorkeys Knob, Darwin, Bitung, Hong Kong, Chan May, Phu My, Singapore, Port Klang, George Town/Penang, Colombo, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Muscat, Salalah, Aqaba, Suez Canal, Athens, Barcelona, Cadiz, Southampton

Apr 19-26, 2021: Southampton, New York

Queen Victoria

Dec 23, 2020-Jan 6, 2021: Southampton, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, Tenerife, La Palma Island, Funchal, Lisbon, Southampton

Jan 6-10, 2021: Southampton, Hamburg, Southampton

Jan 10-Apr 29, 2021: Southampton, Hamilton, Port Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale, Montego Bay, Puerto Limon, Panama Canal, Puerto Quetzal, Cabo San Lucas, San Francisco, Honolulu, International Dateline, Apia, Suva, Tauranga, Auckland, Bay of Islands, Sydney, Brisbane, Airlie Beach, Darwin, Bali, Phu My, Nha Trang, Hong Kong, Singapore, Port Klang, George Town/Penang, Colombo, Port Louis, Reunion, Port Elizabeth, Cape Town, Walvis Bay, Gran Canaria, Southampton

Apr 29-May 1, 2021: Southampton, Hamburg

Queen Elizabeth

Nov 25-Dec 1, 2020: Melbourne, Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, Burnie, Melbourne

Dec 1-15, 2020: Melbourne, Fiordland National Park, Dunedin, Lyttelton, Wellington, Auckland, Tauranga, Bay of Islands, Melbourne

Dec 15-22, 2020: Melbourne, Hobart, Port Arthur, Adelaide, Melbourne

Dec 22, 2020-Jan 5, 2021: Melbourne, Burnie, Fiordland National Park, Dunedin, Akaroa Harbour, Wellington, Auckland, Melbourne

Jan 5-13, 2021: Melbourne, Burnie, Sydney, Hobart, Port Arthur, Melbourne

Jan 13-Feb 7, 2021: Melbourne, Sydney, Fiordland National Park, Dunedin, Lyttelton, Wellington, Marlborough Sounds, Picton, New Plymouth, Auckland, Tauranga, Akaroa Harbour, Dunedin, Fiordland National Park, Hobart, Port Arthur, Melbourne

Feb 7-14, 2021: Melbourne, Sydney, Hobart, Port Arthur, Melbourne

Feb 14-Mar 6, 2021: Melbourne, Burnie, Sydney, Fiordland National Park, Dunedin, Lyttelton, Wellington, Auckland, Bay of Islands, Sydney, Hobart, Melbourne

Mar 6-Apr 14, 2021: Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Yorkeys Knob, Alotau, Kiriwina, Rabaul, Puerto Princesa, Singapore, Phu My, Nha Trang, Chan May, Hong Kong, Manila, Hualien, Keelung, Ishigaki, Naha, Hiroshima, Tokyo

Apr 14-23, 2021: Tokyo, Kobe, Kochi, Kagoshima, Busan, Nagasaki, Tokyo

Apr 23-May 2, 2021: Tokyo, Yatsushiro, Jeju, Kanazawa, Akita, Hakodate, Tokyo

May 2-May 9, 2021: Tokyo, Kagoshima, Jeju, Nagasaki, Shimizu, Tokyo

May 9-18, 2021: Tokyo, Naha, Miyakojima, Ishigaki, Keelung, Tokyo

John, 

The voyages are available on the Cunard site.

I captured them on Feb 2.

I didn't want to search and drill down for each voyage.  I started entering the URL directly. 

For example for M106, I entered 

https://www.cunard.com/en-us/find-a-cruise/M106/M106

One after the next, whole numbered voyages

Then screen scraped the results.

Q023 -Q027 are Q023N-Q027N

Is there a way to attach text files?

Edited by Dranuc2016
Spelling and added N suffix
  • Like 1

Excellent detective work, Vince. I was aware of the trick with manipulating the URL as a workaround to search for a specific voyage number, since the new website does not appear to support searching by voyage number any more like the old site did. But it never occurred to me that Cunard would have posted voyages that can't be found yet by a conventional date search but can be found by voyage number. Good job.

Thank you bluemarble and Vince.  I'm also amazed that those text files include port times I they don't normally disclose.  Now I can fill in the itinerary for my 2020 World Cruise.

I'm not sure Cunard can win on itineraries.  If they do the major ports people complain about repetition.  If they find new places people will say "why would we ever want to go THERE".

Roy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you bluemarble and Vince.  I'm also amazed that those text files include port times I they don't normally disclose.  Now I can fill in the itinerary for my 2020 World Cruise. ...

Cunard is now providing port timings within the itineraries on their new website. That's one of the things we can point to as a genuine improvement on the new site. Here's a portion of the itinerary page for the 2021 QM2 World Voyage as seen on the new website showing the port timings. The embarkation and disembarkation ports all seem to incorrectly show "Over Night" on the new itineraries though. That is not an improvement.

701937260_CunardItinerary.thumb.jpg.b14bc303b23eed8bb9c8b727fa4c70ec.jpg

Glad to help. Here are direct links to the full World Voyage detail pages on the Cunard website which I posted in another thread yesterday, but it would probably be useful to have them posted here as well. This uses Dranuc2016's discovery that the 2021 voyages can be found on Cunard's new website if you happen to know (or figure out) the voyage numbers. That's even though none of the 2021 voyages have been formally announced by Cunard yet.

Edited by bluemarble

• 3 weeks later...

Got an email off Cunard today:

The wait is nearly over.

with the launch of our new winter 2021 itineraries on the horizon, let us inspire your spirit of adventure. Masterfully curated to offer enriching days in port and effortless sea days, we are delighted to present you with a choice of sailing collections: The World Voyage, Grand Voyages, and voyages that explore regions of the world across Asia, Africa, Australasia and New Zealand.

As a Cunard World Club member our new itineraries will be exclusively available to book from 8.00am on 12 March.

Cunard's formal announcement of the new 2021 itineraries was made a couple days ago on March 4. Those voyages can be found now, including pricing, using the conventional "Find a voyage" search function on the Cunard website.