Sail Away on The Majestic

trbarton

I’m on a cruise out of Sydney. What are some of the best places to watch the Sail Away from Sydney?  Where would you be & why?

I’ve never been on the Majestic so any suggestions appreciated. 

Thanks!

Tom😀

11 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I’m on a cruise out of Sydney. What are some of the best places to watch the Sail Away from Sydney?  Where would you be & why?

Thanks!

Tom😀

HC/WFM aft outside. Great covered area with nice chairs and a bar.

33 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Thanks!

Tom😀

IMO, any place where you have access to starboard and aft, so you can view the Harbor Bridge and the Opera House. We were fortunate to have an aft corner balcony on the starboard side on the Diamond Princess. I hope you were able to figure out how to watch the latest series of The Cruise on ITV. It took place on the Majestic's maiden cruise from Singapore to Sydney

9 hours ago, billco said:

IMO, any place where you have access to starboard and aft, so you can view the Harbor Bridge and the Opera House. We were fortunate to have an aft corner balcony on the starboard side on the Diamond Princess. I hope you were able to figure out how to watch the latest series of The Cruise on ITV. It took place on the Majestic's maiden cruise from Singapore to Sydney

Sorry I wasn’t able to connect. If I understood everything correctly I would first have to pay a fee to get the code that they wanted so without joining & getting the code that they want I guess I’m out of luck. 

Tom🤔

9 hours ago, PurpleTraveller said:

I would try to be somewhere to the starboard and aft. We positioned ourselves on the deck near the basketball court to get these views of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge as we left on the Majestic. 

IMG20181124163235.thumb.jpg.20bd18c3ea5a8b50f4eb8837b896ddde.jpg

IMG20181124163913.thumb.jpg.b39508c972de75e0afd9086afe9f0e36.jpg

Wow!  Great pictures!  Thanks🙂  I have two pictures just like these, except your are better!  📷📸🌝

11 hours ago, trbarton said:

Sorry I wasn’t able to connect. If I understood everything correctly I would first have to pay a fee to get the code that they wanted so without joining & getting the code that they want I guess I’m out of luck. 

Tom🤔

I've been watching itv for years, so thought they might be charging new subscribers. So, I signed my wife up this morning without paying a fee and it worked fine. This is how I did it. First you will need to subscribe to a vpn or dns proxy. I used to use hola vpn, which is free, but I now use smart dns proxy, which I feel has more features, but cost $50 for 2 years. They have a 14 day free trial.

I assume you were able to sign up with a correct UK postal code. I use L40TH. Otherwise click on where it says to get paired up and register.

Forget about the code they are asking for. That is for watching on a TV.

On your computer, click on shows. Do a search for The Cruise. Enjoy!

(I hope)

Edited by billco

2 hours ago, billco said:

I've been watching itv for years, so thought they might be charging new subscribers. So, I signed my wife up this morning without paying a fee and it worked fine. This is how I did it. First you will need to subscribe to a vpn or dns proxy. I used to use hola vpn, which is free, but I now use smart dns proxy, which I feel has more features, but cost $50 for 2 years. They have a 14 day free trial.

I assume you were able to sign up with a correct UK postal code. I use L40TH. Otherwise click on where it says to get paired up and register.

Forget about the code they are asking for. That is for watching on a TV.

On your computer, click on shows. Do a search for The Cruise. Enjoy!

(I hope)

Thanks!  Interesting when I used L40TH I get a message “Please use a correct Postal Code”. 

I signed up for Hola VPN this morning but they want a fee. I didn’t see anything that was free. 

Tom😎

Edited by trbarton

2 hours ago, trbarton said:

Thanks!  Interesting when I used L40TH I get a message “Please use a correct Postal Code”. 

I signed up for Hola VPN this morning but they want a fee. I didn’t see anything that was free. 

Tom😎

Drat. I was almost sure that would do the trick. L40TH is a valid postal code. It is in both mine and my wife's settings.

I verified it again. L40TH, not L4OTH.

The free version of Hola shares resources, so if you don't want to pay a fee I would recommend the 14 day free trial of smart dns proxy. I think it works better than Hola anyway. Good luck. I wish it was easier.

23 hours ago, PurpleTraveller said:

I would try to be somewhere to the starboard and aft. We positioned ourselves on the deck near the basketball court to get these views of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge as we left on the Majestic. 

I am not sure what is more amazing: the timing of this thread as we sail from Sydney on Majestic on 2/18, or that we were able to snag the last available Premium Suite aft and it just happens to be on the starboard side!!!!

Now the pressure is on to try to match you photos shared here!!!

1 hour ago, Pantheral said:

I am not sure what is more amazing: the timing of this thread as we sail from Sydney on Majestic on 2/18, or that we were able to snag the last available Premium Suite aft and it just happens to be on the starboard side!!!!

Now the pressure is on to try to match you photos shared here!!!

Congratulations, what a great location to have! Hope you have a great cruise!