Epic Interrupted

Briji04

37 minutes ago, Lisa99 said:

We’re supposed to be on the Epic tomorrow. We don’t have a single word from NCL. Unbelievable. 

It really is unbelievable in today's day and age. It isn't acceptable either. NCL is constantly tripping over itself on these types of issues. There is Facebook, Twitter,and email, etc. How hard is it to post an update stating....at this time we expect to sail or at this time we expect to have a delay, etc. I truly feel for those in transit that have no information or communication. I hope it all works out. I will tell you, Carnival, would have been all over this via Facebook, Twitter, etc. 

• Like 2

Just received the following text from NCL. 

Norwegian Cruise Line has an important embarkation update regarding the February 16th sailing of Norwegian Epic.  As a result of a delayed arrival into Port Canaveral,   Norwegian Epic will now cruise a 5 day Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay itinerary. Check in and embarkation will be held on Sunday, February 17th.  Guests may arrive at the Port Canaveral cruise terminal number 10, on Sunday from 9:30 am to 3 pm for check in.

We thank you for your understanding of this unexpected change.  For additional information you may contact us at 1-800-327-7030

Edited by Lisa99
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lisa99 said:

Just received the following text from NCL. 

Norwegian Cruise Line has an important embarkation update regarding the February 16th sailing of Norwegian Epic.  As a result of a delayed arrival into Port Canaveral,   Norwegian Epic will now cruise a 5 day Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay itinerary. Check in and embarkation will be held on Sunday, February 17th.  Guests may arrive at the Port Canaveral cruise terminal number 10, on Sunday from 9:30 am to 3 pm for check in.

We thank you for your understanding of this unexpected change.  For additional information you may contact us at 1-800-327-7030

Why a 5 day and not a 6 day?

I don't dare tell my DH this, we always book an aft facing cabin, love the wake while we are cruising and view when in port, seems like a lot of money to spend to go to these ports, I feel so sorry for those that are coming a long way and have the added expense of flights and hotel etc.

1 minute ago, johare said:

Good question. Seems like a further inconvenience for those who have return flights booked.

I am following this because I have family that is sailing.  I was just on the phone with them and their TA beeped in.  Waiting to hear back.  They were going to ask their TA why it was shortened.

3 minutes ago, johare said:

Good question. Seems like a further inconvenience for those who have return flights booked.

Absolutely is, but would you expect anything different from NCL? Their sole goal is to mitigate negative financial impact and inconvenience to NCL. The well-being and inconvenience of their guests, I mean, paying passengers is secondary and ancillary. We've talked about that many times before here on these boards.

This announcement creates more issues than resolutions, in my view.

Everybody is talking about the delayed sailing.   That is certainly a reasonable concern    How about the thousands of people on the ship who will not make their flight home tomorrow.  I wonder how NCL addresses that for those that do not have trip insurance 

2 minutes ago, blcruising said:

Absolutely is, but would you expect anything different from NCL? Their sole goal is to mitigate negative financial impact and inconvenience to NCL. The well-being and inconvenience of their guests, I mean, paying passengers is secondary and ancillary. We've talked about that many times before here on these boards.

This announcement creates more issues than resolutions, in my view.

Whole thing seems like a mess. We've never cruised NCL and based on what I'm seeing here, doesn't seem likely that we will anytime in the near future. 

5 minutes ago, johare said:

You do realize that "Data according to itinerary" does not reflect current reality, right?

It's a live(ish) position. Type in any ship and see. Some ships even have a webcam feed.

Edited by SeaTheW0rld
more

2 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

It's a live(ish) position. Type in any ship and see.

That position isn't "live(ish)" or accurate at all. It's based solely on where the ship was scheduled to be.  Google and use the Marine Traffic site if you want accurate info.

Boarding the ship is now on Sunday but not leaving PC until Monday.

NCL is giving an automatic 50% back on this cruise and a 50% on a future cruise. Or you can choose to cancel and get a full refund. They are also offering $300 toward airfare changes. 

We're sailing on Epic tomorrow (now Sunday) so the information above is official from NCL.

Edited by Lisa99
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lisa99 said:

Boarding the ship is now on Sunday but now leaving PC until Monday.

NCL is giving an automatic 50% back on this cruise and a 50% on a future cruise. Or you can choose to cancel and get a full refund. They are also offering $300 toward airfare changes. 

We're sailing on Epic tomorrow (now Sunday) so the information above is official from NCL.

Wow that seems like a fair deal to me. Enjoy your cruise

• Like 3

This is crazy. I realize that people have commitments and air tickets  but there is an atrium full of folks waiting to use the free phone or internet that NCL has setup.  Someone just started chanting “money back”.

We have been offered 300$ change fee for air tickets and 100% credit. 

I spoke to a few crew members who were supposed to fly home tomorrow at 5pm. They can’t leave on time and I’m sure they want to see their families. 

• Like 1