Moveup Bidding

mfs2k

6 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

I'm sharing because it seems there is some type of selection process Celebrity has to determine who can bid and who can't. 

Are you sure you didn't get an email offering?  I'm on your sailing and I got my email on Feb 12 at 9:56am

You also have to be signed up on the Celebrity site for Promotional offers to get the move-up offer.

Go to the Main Celebritycruises.com site and click on "Deals Sign Up" on the top left. 

3 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Are you sure you didn't get an email offering?  I'm on your sailing and I got my email on Feb 12 at 9:56am

You also have to be signed up on the Celebrity site for Promotional offers to get the move-up offer.

Go to the Main Celebritycruises.com site and click on "Deals Sign Up" on the top left. 

Yep, been signed up for years.  Get all kinds of promo emails, I want to say one every day, but it's probably more like 2 emails in 3 days.  Even if I didn't get the email, I would think I'd be able to bid if I select the Move-up Bid option off the drop down menu.  Really doesn't matter this time.  We made changes to our plans and then decided to go on this trip and try something besides a suite to compare the opportunity to take more trips vs sticking with the suite life so doing a move-up bid really defeats the purpose and we wouldn't get the Cap't Club points either.  See you onboard!

3 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

See you onboard!

Yessssss

By the way, the suites are no bargain at all on this sailing compared to concierge or aqua.  If you really want an aqua, and you cant bid, call celebrity and ask how much more it would cost you to upgrade.  It may be only a few hundred dollars.  I got the upgrade from concierge 4 weeks ago, after a price drop.  

1 minute ago, mfs2k said:

Yessssss

By the way, the suites are no bargain at all on this sailing compared to concierge or aqua.  If you really want an aqua, and you cant bid, call celebrity and ask how much more it would cost you to upgrade.  It may be only a few hundred dollars.  I got the upgrade from concierge 4 weeks ago, after a price drop.  

Thanks, we want to stick with the C1, it's on deck 10 so quiet above and below, aft view, booked 4 perks and a 5 night dinner package for the same price as AQ is now with 2 perks so really no reason to move to AQ and there are no cabin locations in AQ that interest us.  The SS that is open on 12 in the Aft would be ok, but right under Oceanview isn't our first choice, nor is the price right now.

Sorry to everyone else for the diversion in the thread.

4 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

Thanks, we want to stick with the C1, it's on deck 10 so quiet above and below, aft view, booked 4 perks and a 5 night dinner package for the same price as AQ is now with 2 perks so really no reason to move to AQ and there are no cabin locations in AQ that interest us.  The SS that is open on 12 in the Aft would be ok, but right under Oceanview isn't our first choice, nor is the price right now.

Sorry to everyone else for the diversion in the thread.

It was my thread.  lol.  No apology needed 

I hope we have an amazing cruise. 

I’ve seen 30 days mentioned a few times on this thread so just wanted to mention I received the move up email 45 days from our sail date, I guess it can really come at any point after final payment 👍🏼 

53 minutes ago, MR_T said:

I’ve seen 30 days mentioned a few times on this thread so just wanted to mention I received the move up email 45 days from our sail date, I guess it can really come at any point after final payment 👍🏼 

Right.  30 days is from the Celebrity Move-Up webpage. (copied below)  I got my Move-up email 38 days before sailing. 

You can upgrade your stateroom in a few simple clicks.

Welcome to Celebrity MoveUp - our new program that allows you to bid on a cruise stateroom upgrade after you purchase your cruise.*

*Eligible reservations on all Celebrity Cruise ships within 30 days of departure date. Program excludes Celebrity Galapagos ships. When entering your information below, please make sure to use the first / primary guest last name and valid booking number for your reservation to avoid errors. If you have any questions or trouble finding your reservation, e-mail CelebrityMoveUp@Celebrity.com for additional assistance.

On 2/22/2019 at 11:13 AM, mfs2k said:

Are you trying within 30 days of sailing? 

Yes - it was at about 30 days and 20 days out originally. Checked again today and still nothing. I don't want to upgrade at 'list' price when i'm fairly certain they won't sell out of concierge class or suites...so it's a matter of if they want to get a little more out of some of us, or are content with nothing extra and not selling overpriced cabins.

On 2/13/2019 at 1:18 AM, Diamond lover said:

And here we are 2 weeks out now, lots of vacant suites showing.....and still nothing in email!  And nothing when you do the “move up” check on site.

On 2/22/2019 at 6:40 PM, garyl62 said:

I'm on the March 23 Equinox sailing in a C1; I have not received an email inviting me to bid, so now that I'm within the 30 day window I looked into bidding via the Move-Up link on the website, but once again I was told nothing was available. 

Some posters on this thread have said they recevied emails inviting Move-Up bids and others have alluded to a link on the X website. Can someone please tell me where on the website the link can be found? Is it within your reservation or cruise planner?

2 minutes ago, Eloise4Ever said:

Some posters on this thread have said they recevied emails inviting Move-Up bids and others have alluded to a link on the X website. Can someone please tell me where on the website the link can be found? Is it within your reservation or cruise planner?

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

13 minutes ago, Eloise4Ever said:

Thanks so much :classic_smile:

Open the link from msf2k

On the left hand corner next to Shop Flights is Deals Sign Up

Then on the next page you will see Sign Up For Email.Click on that.

Then you are done and hope they will send you Move up bit email.

Edited by verizon
  • Like 1

Circling back to this thread after some time has passed to let everyone know I received a MoveUp email offer this morning, 21 days before departure.  Still not certain we'll do anything, but interesting to see they are still sending out the emails.

1 hour ago, garyl62 said:

Circling back to this thread after some time has passed to let everyone know I received a MoveUp email offer this morning, 21 days before departure.  Still not certain we'll do anything, but interesting to see they are still sending out the emails.

Thanks for the update.   Would you mind sharing what type of room you are booked in and what the minimum bids are?     So far most that I have seen are rather stiff.

Hi all! I haven't posted on the boards here in YEARS. But thought I'd contribute! We're booked on Eclipse March 10, 14 days South America. We originally booked an S2 Sky Suite. Got the Move Up email a few weeks ago. Was watching the CS for a paid upgrade, but it stayed at almost $2500 per person. I bid half that and just got the email that it was accepted.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rnjoel said:

Hi all! I haven't posted on the boards here in YEARS. But thought I'd contribute! We're booked on Eclipse March 10, 14 days South America. We originally booked an S2 Sky Suite. Got the Move Up email a few weeks ago. Was watching the CS for a paid upgrade, but it stayed at almost $2500 per person. I bid half that and just got the email that it was accepted.

Good to hear your strategy.   Sounds like you got a great deal.  

On 2/22/2019 at 1:40 PM, garyl62 said:

I posted earlier in this thread so here is an update..... I'm on the March 23 Equinox sailing in a C1; I have not received an email inviting me to bid, so now that I'm within the 30 day window I looked into bidding via the Move-Up link on the website, but once again I was told nothing was available.  Yet, if I try to book a cabin there are Aqua and Suite level cabins available.  I booked directly with Celebrity, although it was after final payment was due if that makes any difference.  Doubt I'd bid as we would only move to a suite and from what others have posted the minimum bids for those would actually result in a higher total price for us than if we just called and asked to upgrade and purchase a SS at the price today, but I'm still interested to review what the minimum bid would be.

I'm sharing because it seems there is some type of selection process Celebrity has to determine who can bid and who can't.  Seems strange a Cap't Club member who booked direct wouldn't be able to bid.

I just got mine today and I am sailing on tge 24th. Just like you, I tried the link and it didn't work for me. I am in Aqua and the upgrades offered do not work for me.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for the update.   Would you mind sharing what type of room you are booked in and what the minimum bids are?     So far most that I have seen are rather stiff.

I am on tge Edge for 3.24 and in A1. My offer had minimum bids of $1000 for Sky suite, 1500 for Celebrity Suite and 2750 for a Villa. These are per person bids.

So this is a new one. Both myself and GF are on the reservation. Both of us initially received e-mail move-up offers. But now if I go to the Celebrity web-site and put in our name and reservation #...only under her name will show an offer available....under my name it says no offer available...and I am the lead name on the reservation...go figure.

sent MoveUp link today for 4/1 Reflection cruise. Best deal is from 2C to Family Veranda starting at $290/guest for "fair" bit.

Royal Suite at $2670/pax for 'fair' bid!!!

Edited by johno1234
typo

Our Move-Up offer came in this morning.

We are in a C3 on Solstice 29 Mar from Auckland.

We do not have any included perks. Gratuities are included in the fare as it is an Australian booking. 

Celebrity would not even honour the Captains Club benefit of a complimentary upgrade in Concierge class saying our booking was not eligible 😞

Move-up Offers:

Royal Suite from $3110 AUD pp

Celebrity Suite from $1840 AUD pp

Sky Suite from $1130 AUD pp

Aqua from $210 AUD pp

I'm not sure whether to take up the Sky Suite offer or stick with what we have.

Edited by Wombat706
added text

We are back from our cruise. We got the move up bid from an inside to a Veranda. Just so you know we were happy with it, until it kept us awake with clanging/banging from the Bleu Galley underneath our room late at night. After a few nights of this, we called and an officer came to our room and talked with us about it, then he went down to the galley to talk to them. They did quiet down each night, but after about 5 min of banging/clanging around. They then offered us a free specialty dinner because of it, so it was ok, but just wanted let people know, so you can make up your own mind. I guess it would depend on the price weather we would do it again or not, because of not knowing where you will end up.

Sailing in 12 days and received the MoveUp offer a few weeks ago.  I made a relatively low bid on a suite and waited..  i eventually called Captains Club and asked about the suites I had bis on.  I was told they had been and still are fully booked.  The MoveUp bids serve as a back up in case some passengers happen to cancel between now and when the ship sails. I had mistakenly thought there were actual vacancies when I place my MoveUp bid.