Alternate pricing with 3 cabins - Appreciate advice

walkerspt

Hello, I would appreciate any advice on how to book 3 cabins. There are six of us. My husband and myself in one cabin, my adult son in a second cabin and my other son, daughter in law and 3 year old granddaughter in a third. Because the single supplement is 100% my single son’s cabin costs almost as much as a cabin with two people. In the third cabin we are paying for 3 people (no ksf here), about $1000 more than a cabin with 2 people. 

We we are thinking of moving one of the adults in the cabin for 3 to the cabin for 1 on the booking. We would then have 2people in each cabin. This would save us about  $1000. However, the family of three my son,d-i-l, and granaughter want to physically stay in the same cabin. I assume there are no bedchecks but do you see any downsides or pitfalls?

Thanks so much. 

No one cares who sleeps in each cabin.  The 3-year-old may have to sleep with her parents, or on the sofa.  You also may need to check muster stations, as they could be different. Also, would need to work out gratuity for cabin steward.  All of these things would be easy to work around. 

I don't see this as a problem at all. Just put your two son's in a cabin together for booking purposes. If your cabins are all together (near by) you will probably have the same muster station (and maybe the same cabin steward). Once onboard no one cares who sleeps where...you can give the cabin steward that services the cabin for 3 an extra tip...as he/she will be the one making up the sofa bed for the little one. Also you can make the cabin change once onboard at Guest Services getting a SeaPass card for your one son for the cabin he'll actually be staying in.

Enjoy your family cruise and don't worry.

Just make sure one cabin can handle 3 people, although with a three year old this shouldn't be a big deal.  Cabins for 3 have at least a sofa bed instead of just a couch or chair.  Kid probably wouldn't care, but bed likely more comfortable.  Muster stations tend to go with blocks of cabins, so try to stay away from where the cabin block numbers change.  And if one cabin is in a different muster station it isn't a big deal - just go to Guest Services and move your group around so the parents and kid are in the same station.  Of course this assumes you are not booking three cabins in different areas of the ship.