Whale watching early June, in Juneau? Jayleen Alaska

BURNS1

This is our first cruise to Alaska, on NCL Bliss June 9-16th.  We will be docked in Juneau June 11th.  I am wondering how active the whales are in Juneau, for whale watching.  Is it worth the cost.  Has anyone used Jayleens Alaska?  Or could you recommend another company.  We are a group ranging from 11 to 77.

Thanks

16 minutes ago, BURNS1 said:

This is our first cruise to Alaska, on NCL Bliss June 9-16th.  We will be docked in Juneau June 11th.  I am wondering how active the whales are in Juneau, for whale watching.  Is it worth the cost.  Has anyone used Jayleens Alaska?  Or could you recommend another company.  We are a group ranging from 11 to 77.

Thanks

I have been to Alaska on  15 cruises as early as April and there were lots of whales in Auke Bay (Juneau).  If memory serves me correctly, the fewest whales I have seen in Auke Bay was six on excursions from small to large boats.

When a whale is spotted, the excursion boats converge to that location so booking a tour is a matter of choosing your level of comfort.  Larger boats have comfortable benches, tables, numerous snacks, beverges, nice heat, and real bathrooms with the smaller craft being very limited in the aforementioned.

image.png.dc3a4ade1d1c1e5ac89c46ed1340e469.png

• Like 1

We have booked with Jayleen's Alaska several times and have always had an enjoyable time.  In fact, we are doing a B2B this June and have booked with Jayleen for our northbound and southbound trips.  Below is Jayleen's link in case you have not already checked it out.  If you look at TripAdvisor you will also find reviews of her excursion.

https://jayleensalaska.com/

6 hours ago, BURNS1 said:

Crew News, Thank you.  Do you have any recommendations for a company to use?  My 77 year old mother will be with us, and she needs a cane for walking.

Allen Marine is the company that most of the cruise lines use for their whale watching excursions.  It is a large boat that probably has 150 passengers (upstairs and downstairs) and includes lots of comfortable seating, heated, real bathroom, snacks/beverage service,and  marine biologist, if your mother wants to remain inside and look out the huge windows.  It accomadates wheelchairs, too.  There is lots of open deck area for taking photos for those willing to deal with the weather..

We went with Jayleen last August and had an incredible time. We're doing another Alaska cruise next year and Jayleen was the first person I emailed. She is super sweet, a native Alaskan, small boat, and it really just feels like you're out whale watching with a friend instead of a business. I highly highly recommend going with her.