Port of Rotterdam to Amsterdam

Slyfox16

That ShutteDirect company dares to ask 827 Euro for a roundtrip for 8. That's easy money for twice an one and a half hour drive.

Even I would take a day off from the office and do that with a rental van LOL..

Renting a 9 person van is about 150-200 Euro including fuel. Not that you want to drive and park a van in Amsterdam... as a tourist. :classic_happy:

Train and metro will probably be some 40-45 Euro per person. Did not look for an exact fare.

Browse through some coach + driver rentals, email them for some quotes, some might even offer day tours that suit your plans. Try www.doelen.net, they are pretty good.

Edited by FreestyleNovice
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

We did it in reverse, going to the ship from Amsterdam Centrum (central train station).  We took the train to Rotterdam and then a cab to the ship.  It was easy.  Are you staying in Amsterdam?  As an alternative, I highly recommend Haarlem which is 15 minutes from Amsterdam by train but much less crazy.  Easy transit to the airport too.  

• 2 weeks later...

Any suggestions on how to find out what a cab would cost from central station area Amsterdam to the airport.  I know a train is available but am a bit concerned about getting luggage on a train.  We will have 2 carryons plus a large suitcase each.

Just now, cruiselvr04 said:

Any suggestions on how to find out what a cab would cost from central station area Amsterdam to the airport.  I know a train is available but am a bit concerned about getting luggage on a train.  We will have 2 carryons plus a large suitcase each.

40-55Euro