Steakhouse reservation

carakris

I made reservations for our cruise one week ago today. I was going to contact them this morning but thought I would check my email one more time, sure enough it was there. Had to move it from seven to seven thirty but that was good with me.

1 hour ago, carakris said:

I requested a reservation for the steak house on the first cruise night, but have not received a confirmation yet and it has been over a week, how long does it normally take, My cruise is June 8th

No idea. I sent in a request well over a month ago, maybe closer to two. Haven’t heard back so I sent in another request a week ago and haven’t heard back regarding that one either. 

We walked in and were seated, it's never full. 

2 minutes ago, jmg62 said:

I put in a reservation yesterday for august 2020 and got a confirmation last night.

Would you make a reservation for a restaurant in the states a year and half in advance?

4 hours ago, coevan said:

We walked in and were seated, it's never full. 

Would you make a reservation for a restaurant in the states a year and half in advance?

Man you’re always looking to criticize. Obviously people aren’t going to know where they’re going to be eating in the states a year and a half from now. I can tell you when I’ll be on the Dream in 2020 so I would see no problem with making a reservation then. 

• Like 1

questioning, not criticizing. We love the Steakhouse go at least twice a week. Nowhere does it say reservations are mandatory. We like to look at the MDR menu, never eat at buffets, if we do not like the menu we will go to one of the pay venues. We have never been declined seating, just like a regular restaurant.

1 minute ago, coevan said:

questioning, not criticizing. We love the Steakhouse go at least twice a week. Nowhere does it say reservations are mandatory. We like to look at the MDR menu, never eat at buffets, if we do not like the menu we will go to one of the pay venues. We have never been declined seating, just like a regular restaurant.

That was my previous experience, but we just got off Carnival Sunshine this morning and the steakhouse was packed (not a single empty table) the night we went there. A few nights later a couple sitting in a table next to us in the MDR was late for dinner.  They said they just came from the steakhouse and were told no reservations were available for the night. 

55 minutes ago, coevan said:

Well you question people a lot.