SANCTUARY

gamblinmon

5 hours ago, Tyskie said:

I do have a question maybe someone can answer.

We were on the Coral Princess in Alaska for glacier bay day and we were able to order alcoholic beverages.

We'll be on the Regal Princess for the repo cruise in October - will/can alcoholic beverages be served ?  Or is each individual ship different?  Thanks

Sanctuary Stewards are a part of the food and bev staff and will be more than happy to fetch you any drink available from outdoor deck pools.  Depending on what you order and when they may have to hustle a bit to fulfill your request - but they will work hard to do so!  

On 2/20/2019 at 11:22 AM, Pickels said:

For those who have enjoyed the Sanctuary; was wind of any concern during sea days?  Thanks!

We've used the Sanctuary a LOT, as to wind, I'll say your experience will vary.  Depends on the direction of travel for the ship and the direction across the deck of the wind.  We've had days of full speed running at sea with next to no apparent wind, and other days when the wind was coming in from the bow creating much more than a strong breeze through the area.  Being in a fairly exposed area, with limited protection, you will definitely experience strong wind at times.  

That said, the wind alone has never kept us out of the Sanctuary.  On the other hand, if you add even a bit of rain to that strong wind it can become quite miserable.  We have been chased indoors on perhaps 6 occasions.  

There have been very many days when we were alone in the Sanctuary, the weather having failed to meet the expectations of less hardy passengers.  On the final day of our February Grand sailing between the Mexican boarder and San Francisco we spent the entire day alone in the Sanctuary.  About 8 other loungers had been set up (so paid for and reserved) but never occupied.  It was cool, and there was indeed rain for an hour or so, but we had a lovely day.  The staff prepared "tea time" just for the two of us bringing us scones, cakes & cookies all they things they new we loved from the prior days.  We wouldn't have traded a day indoors for our private day on deck, but 2000+ other people reached a different conclusion.  To each their own. 

13 hours ago, jondfk said:

Sanctuary Stewards are a part of the food and bev staff and will be more than happy to fetch you any drink available from outdoor deck pools.  Depending on what you order and when they may have to hustle a bit to fulfill your request - but they will work hard to do so!  

Thank you, good to know!

18 hours ago, milolii said:

Tyskie,  I don’t have an answer your specific question. But I have a question for you about Glacier Bay?  How was the experience in the Sanctuary?  Considering it for our Royal Cruise this summer.  

Glacier Bay, Coral Princess and the Sanctuary was the best!  Well worth the money!  On the Coral Princess, the sanctuary is in the aft and much smaller than the Royal.  We did not have the plexiglass blue tint panels that most Princess ships have. I'm attaching my review and you will find Glacier Bay at Post #29.   (Also, check out what was included in the pkg)

My thoughts would be, go up to the Sanctuary when you board.  Take a look around, especially from the viewpoint of using binoculars and cameras.  Many on the AK boards were quite adamant about limiting ourselves just to the sanctuary - however, we were very happy with our decision.

Have a great trip!

We were just on the Regal in the Caribbean and we reserved a cabana for 7 days at $210 per day, and also reserved 6 lounges at $210 per person for 7 days.  The cabana was well worth for us,  and it comes with 2 lounge chairs as well.  We took the family of 8 on the cruise and everyone loved the sanctuary. Would do it again in a heartbeat.😃