Pride of America Live Feb 23-March 2 with Waikiki precruise

papa B me

13 minutes ago, dawnmarie386 said:

Papa B Me, your review was such a joy to read and a treasure trove of advice and observations.  Thank you so much!  

Thanks for the kind words.  I'm glad you enjoyed it and found it helpful.

Brian

3 hours ago, usnavywife said:

Papa B. Can you tell me appx. how long yall were cruising the Napali Coast? And if that was one way or both?
Appx what time did that start?
Thanks.

I believe it began 2:30-3:00 and lasted well over an hour.  It sailed both directions.  Initially your view is on the Port side and you are closer during this pass by.  However, when it turned and we were facing from the Starboard side I went and sat on our balcony and it was still spectacular.  I've read other reviews where they either didn't sail both directions or they were too far away to enjoy from the Starboard side.  I'm sure weather has something to do with it.  We had spectacular picture perfect weather so perhaps the captain decided to prolong it as long as possible and kept us closer on the return.  Hope this helps

What a great thread. It brings back memories of the multiple trips to the islands that we've done over the years, and the May 18 PoA sailing that we just disembarked. The cruise is definitely a great way to experience the uniqueness of 4 different islands all in one vacation. I write this on our last day on the islands until next time - on the beach next to the Waikiki Shore. Thanks for taking the time to post your daily travels.

Thank you for sharing your trip!! I’m booked on POA for July 2021 - the week before my 50th...I’ll be heading to Disney’s Aulani for a few days after for just rest and relaxation. I’ll be in a lowly balcony cabin, but plan to just enjoy Hawaii - like you, I am going in with not super high expectations other than being in Hawaii for the first time. I’ll likely do pretty much all ship-based tours as I have lived in NYC for 14 years and not driven in that whole time - so while I have a license, driving in a place as scenic as Hawaii in a rental car for the first time in what will be over 16 years by that point is NOT how I want to do it. Lol.

Again, thanks for sharing your experiences!

Thanks to all for the kind words and I'm so glad you found the day to day review helpful. Finishing up a week with my whole family(4 grown children and spouses, 4 grandchildren, 3 grandchildren on the way, and 3 of our 6 grand pups) at Hilton Head in the 95 degree weather.  Been a great week but has made me long for the pleasant breezes in Hawaii in February.  

WriteOnYourHeart, I hope you have a wonderful trip next year and the trip excursions were really good.  It's also really easy to book independent trips without a car as in most places they will pick you up and drop you off right at the dock.  But either way you will have a great time.

Thanks again for all the kind words

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

What a fantastic review! I just found it this morning and read it all the way through.

Final payment for our April trip is due in 10 days, so I’m starting to obsess a little!☺️

Edited by Cindy

Cindy,

Have a wonderful trip.  One of the best things about travel is obsessing about it ahead of time.  I tend to book my trips up to 2 years in advance so I have 5 on the books right now(more then I should have) which makes it nice so I can alternate which trip I'm obsessing about -lol.

Brian

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, papa B me said:

Cindy,

Have a wonderful trip.  One of the best things about travel is obsessing about it ahead of time.  I tend to book my trips up to 2 years in advance so I have 5 on the books right now(more then I should have) which makes it nice so I can alternate which trip I'm obsessing about -lol.

Brian

For me, the planning is almost as much fun as the trip itself!😁

Do you remember what time the Na Pali coast sail-by ended?