When is the latest you can cancel an NCL shore excursion?

LisaSp

How close to a sailing (Med cruise on Epic) can you cancel any shore excursions booked with NCL? I tried searching for this answer in this forum, but could not readily find it. I did find that you can't cancel online or in the app and have to call, but I am just wondering what window there is before being charged (if I plan to charge the excursions to my onboard account). Thanks!!

For most excursions you have until about 8 or 9 am two days before the excursion date to cancel. For example an excursion to be taken on Thursday can normally be cancelled until 8 or 9 am on the preceding Tuesday.

There are exceptions. Some tours can't be cancelled at all after booking. Such tours might involve something special such as a helicopter or airplane ride.

51 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

For most excursions you have until about 8 or 9 am two days before the excursion date to cancel. For example an excursion to be taken on Thursday can normally be cancelled until 8 or 9 am on the preceding Tuesday.

There are exceptions. Some tours can't be cancelled at all after booking. Such tours might involve something special such as a helicopter or airplane ride.

Got it. Thank you so much! I don't have any crazy helicopter adventures planned. :classic_wink:

The official is 48 hours before the port arrival time.

It will depend on whether the on board staff have people waitlisted.  If they do they "might" do it up till actual departure if they can fill the spots.

They might also do it if there is a medical reason.

10 minutes ago, casofilia said:

The official is 48 hours before the port arrival time.

It will depend on whether the on board staff have people waitlisted.  If they do they "might" do it up till actual departure if they can fill the spots.

They might also do it if there is a medical reason.

I just wanted to emphasize this. 48 hours before the port arrival time. I just booked an excursion last night for my cruise in May, and my documents stated this. 

We had an excursion planned for a Thursday port stop. On Monday night I checked

at the customer service  desk as to how much time we still have left to cancel. They said

that in theory it would be Tuesday morning but the shore ex desk might give me a hard time with a

refund if I waited that late since it was an expensive excursion ($500) and recommended

that I cancel at that time. (this was on the Jade) So I did. Don't know if this was just

someone pressuring me so they could resell it or if this was true.

Just be aware that if you have prepaid your shore-ex reservations before the cruise starts, and wait until you are on the ship to cancel according to the 48 hours rule, then you will get the refund as "refundable OBC". But if you cancel BEFORE the cruise, the refund will be paid to the credit card you used to pay for it originally.