Pre-cruise clean convenient hotel

Werangels

Me again!  Apologies for all the questions.

We will only arrive into Venice late afternoon/early evening the night prior to our cruise due to work commitments.   So, I am looking for help finding somewhere to stay that evening that is either close to/attached to the airport or close to where Pursuit will depart from.  In other words, easy to get to, clean, decent breakfast and to be able to get a bite to eat there or within walking distance without costing a fortune as we will have little time to enjoy it!  A Venice version of Premier Inn basically would be good!

I have searched the boards, googled, checked booking sites and I am going round in circles.

Thank you so much for helping me.

12 minutes ago, Werangels said:

Me again!  Apologies for all the questions.

We will only arrive into Venice late afternoon/early evening the night prior to our cruise due to work commitments.   So, I am looking for help finding somewhere to stay that evening that is either close to/attached to the airport or close to where Pursuit will depart from.  In other words, easy to get to, clean, decent breakfast and to be able to get a bite to eat there or within walking distance without costing a fortune as we will have little time to enjoy it!  A Venice version of Premier Inn basically would be good!

I have searched the boards, googled, checked booking sites and I am going round in circles.

Thank you so much for helping me.

Check out the Hilton Garden Hotel, it's on the way in from the Airport. and on a bus route.

We used it a few years ago and it was fine for one night.

Edited by Bloodaxe

We stayed at the Courtyard several years ago prior to a very early flight out of Venice.  It is close to the airport.  We found it to be clean and quiet, and reasonably good food in the restaurant (certainly a cut or two above the food generally found in Courtyards in the US).  It is also right on a bus line and numerous shops and restaurants are within walking distance or a 5-minute bus ride away.

Job 1 is figuring your route in from the aeroport (Allilaguna, ACTV, whatever). 

Not criticising the above replies at all but get the route sorted first (there are no bad ones, just pick one), then pick accommodations.

Also, be prepared to change your plans at the last minute as required.

Our trip there in late October was right at the height of the flooding and we had to change everything upon landing: neither our hotel boat nor Allilaguna were running.

Not complaining: 21 people lost their lives, so it's a bit much for me to moan that my hotel reservation was off.

We wound up in Mestre at a perfectly acceptable Best Western. 

• 2 weeks later...

TRy thé Hôtel Tritone in Maestre, which is the last train stop before the causeway in to Venice. It is right across the street from the station. Also the bus from the airport to Maestre stops a half block away. There is a fair selection of trattorias in the area. The next morning either take a cab to the port ( as is traditional the driver will soak you about €15 for a seven minute ride but it’s worth it.)

Otherwise just cross to the train station and hop on..those trains run every 15 minutes.

Dragging your luggage to the people carrier is not pleasant from the station and I recall that steps are involved.  If you check TripAdvisor for Maestre hotels you can find others that are recommended.

Buon Viaggio!

We have also stayed at the Tritone. The staff are very friendly and there was a good spread for breakfast for the princely sum of 4 euros! They only provide B&B  but as MaisonRose says, there are some great trattorias just further down the road.

If you want to stay close to the airport the Antony Hotel in Mestre is very good value they also do pre & post cruise packages which include airport and port transfers.

If you want to be close to the ship then the Palazzo Veneziano can’t be beaten, superb hotel a very short walk from San Basilio.

Thank you all.  Our plans changed and it has allowed us to have 3 nights pre-cruise and we have booked somewhere in the dorsudoru area.  

Hopefully your suggestions will be helpful for others.

Much appreciated.