No Azamazing Evening for Pursuit April 13, 2019?

scottam

Hello!

We are B2B on Pursuit for April 6 and 13. The April 6 Azamazing Evening information is listed but there is not one listed (not that I can find, anyway) for April 13. Am I missing something or is it possible it hasn’t been planned yet? Or worse, is it possible there isn’t one for that cruise? 

If anyone has insight on this or, Bonnie, if you’re able to find out, I would appreciate it! Curious folks on our roll call want to know! 😉

Thanks!

Tammy

The Azamazing evenings for  Spain intensive before this cruise and the Italy cruise after this have been up for months.  We are on all three. Is this the first time they have done this cruise?  

There were last minute changes on our Greek island cruise last fall.  Azamara had not noticed there was going to be over 12,000 in Santorini with us even though it was listed on the port load sites.  Many did not have time to switch around to new private tours. They also did not notice that we could not go directly from Europe to Cuba until just before our TA sailing last fall. We lost Halloween overnight in Bermuda, and went full speed to Key West where we had to clear Custom before sailing for Cuba.  

We just canceled an Alaska cruise.  If they are just doing Alaska this year, how much can we trust their planning with excursions and the cruise in general?  We love the ships but the support is really letting them down

I think you should have your fingers crossed. Ok we originally had 6 booked for this year. 3 were completely changed (to another part of the world) one of the alternatives rebooked was changed and now another has had a late notification of a significant change. 

I did discuss this with Azamara and they explained this is the downside of being a regular customer on our part and on publishing itineraries so early in response to customer demand on their part. They are also at the mercy of ports giving them accurate information particularly new ports. 

So if your on a standard repeat itinerary it’s rarely an issue. 

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the comments so far. It’s not a TA. It’s a France 7-day intensive. So no reason for there NOT to be an Azamazing evening. Marseilles would make sense as we do overnight there. But we’re in three other ports until 10pm, so I would think there would be an opportunity there as well.

Luckily, we have had no itinerary changes, but I’d sure love to know whether we’re having an AzA evening.

Bonnie, are you able or find anything out? Or anyone previously on this itinerary that can share hero experience? Would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Tammy

On 2/22/2019 at 11:21 AM, BBMacLaird said:

I'll ask for you. 

Hi Bonnie,

I’m just checking back to see if you’d had a chance to check on this. Others on our roll call are wondering and I’d love to report back the when and the where of our evening! 😁 Hopefully you’ll have some info for us soon. 

Thank you!

We appreciate it!

Tammy

On 2/28/2019 at 6:35 PM, tgg said:

My travel agent checked with Azamara and was told it was April 15.  They didn't tell her the nature of the evening.

Ah, yes. Marseilles. Just as was suggested by another and totally makes sense, as we are there overnight. Thank you! That’s great! It’s curious why it’s not yet listed, but good news, anyway. Hopefully Bonnie can find out what it is we’re doing there. 

Thanks for sharing that info!

Tammy

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2019 at 6:12 AM, scottam said:

Ah, yes. Marseilles. Just as was suggested by another and totally makes sense, as we are there overnight. Thank you! That’s great! It’s curious why it’s not yet listed, but good news, anyway. Hopefully Bonnie can find out what it is we’re doing there. 

Thanks for sharing that info!

Tammy

Hi All,

For anyone looking for this information, after a number of attempts to get an answer from several Azamara staff members, I finally received an email reply from Marie Nelson, Le Club Voyage. 

Thank you for your email and I do apologize for the delayed response. Unfortunately we still do not have complete information on the Azamazing evening for the April 13sailing. I can tell you it will be in Provence (Marseille) and of course will be in the evening. We have not secured a vendor however. Once it is confirmed it will be available for you to view in your cruiseplanner. I do apologize for the inconvenience as I can understand it keeps you from planning your excursions for that day. We do look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon and thank you for sailing with Azamara.”

My travel agent, who had also contacted Azamara, was told the same and, due to the late notice, they will email guests directly or guests will be notified onboard. 

So, it seems that Marseilles is indeed correct. At least we know an even is being planned! 😁

Cheers!

Tammy

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 10:04 PM, BBMacLaird said:

I see your AzAmazing Evening listed as Marseilles as well. But I don't any see further detail on the event. If I hear an update I'll post it for you.

Hi Bonnie,

Our cruise is 20 days away. Any word yet on what, where and when for our Azamazing Evening? I’m shocked that there are no plans in place this close to the cruise. 

Thanks!

Tammy

On 3/24/2019 at 1:48 AM, scottam said:

Hi Bonnie,

Our cruise is 20 days away. Any word yet on what, where and when for our Azamazing Evening? I’m shocked that there are no plans in place this close to the cruise. 

Thanks!

Tammy

Your AzAmazing Evening is listed as "So Frenchy at Palais du Pharo" in Marseilles on April 15.

11 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Your AzAmazing Evening is listed as "So Frenchy at Palais du Pharo" in Marseilles on April 15.

Thanks, Bonnie. I appreciate the info!

• Like 1

I’m told the AzAmazing Evening tour is now showing up and available to sign up. If one of you would double check this for me, and if indeed it is available to you on your Voyage Planner, would you post as such on your Roll Call for me?