We just booked a cruise on Norwegian Jewel, Suite 15500. It is apparently a relativel

MHKBCrusin

If the deck plan is correct (no floor plan shows in the room description area) it would be like the Gem.  We were in 15500 on the Gem late 2016 and posted some pics in our thread at the time.  You are able to book either 15500 or 15000 so there must have been both added.  They also must have carved out some space from the GV's upper deck on each side to make the rooms.

The pictures on the NCL site do look a bit different though - the bed is showing by the glass sliders - I'm not thinking that is actually from the DOS.  The living room picture does look accurate though.  The living room looks very nice and a break from the current carpet coloring scheme and a different table than Gem.

• Like 1

That is one of the deluxe haven owner's suite - there are two of them. They are accessed via a staircase from the Garden Villas.

They are indeed on the floorplan. If you like being at the top of the world, this suite is for you. I would love it for AK and maybe even the Panama Canal (they were gone on the Gem when I booked my cruise).

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, bonvoyagie said:

That is one of the deluxe haven owner's suite - there are two of them. They are accessed via a staircase from the Garden Villas.

They are indeed on the floorplan. If you like being at the top of the world, this suite is for you. I would love it for AK and maybe even the Panama Canal (they were gone on the Gem when I booked my cruise).

I've seen them in the Gem and the Pearl. Just curious on how much different they are on the newly renovated Jewel ... If different, of course.

Her major refirb was in 2018 so I believe they might have been added then and not scheduled for 2020.. If you look at the photos in the New Jewel slide show on the NCL website - you can see these suites - they are the 6 large windows above the Haven in the center of the ship.

• Like 1

If you did not see the FINE PRINT these two DOS suites are accessible by STAIRS (only)

18 STEPS up from deck 14 (Haven) which is accessible by elevator key card.

In post #7 note the faint grey lines showing the shared staircase for these two staterooms and the black line

dividing the common wall between the two.

The sleeping accommodations state -4- guests

2 in the King Bed

and 2 in the convertible couch with questionable creature comfort ?

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:11 AM, goldmom said:

Check out the deck plan and/or pictures for that cabin on the Gem.  They should be pretty similar.

Jim Zim has a great tour of the Pearl on You Tube so I'm thinking the Jewel should be pretty similar. I'm a bit surprised we were able to snag the cabin for a somewhat reasonable price. Maybe because it is so new and just became available.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

If you did not see the FINE PRINT these two DOS suites are accessible by STAIRS (only)

18 STEPS up from deck 14 (Haven) which is accessible by elevator key card.

In post #7 note the faint grey lines showing the shared staircase for these two staterooms and the black line

dividing the common wall between the two.

The sleeping accommodations state -4- guests

2 in the King Bed

and 2 in the convertible couch with questionable creature comfort ?

Yes, that would be the sleeping arrangement.

Even though it is a big room having four in there would just be weird, it seems more like a honeymoon suite.

• 6 months later...
59 minutes ago, MHKBCrusin said:

We loved the cabin and took a video to help others in case anyone is interested. 

Jewel Cabin 15500 Deluxe Owner's Suite

Great room!!  Are the windows that look out over the pool the type of windows that you can see out but people can not see in?  

also, what's on the other side of the glass divider by the hot tub?

Edited by disneylover89

The garden villa is on the other side of the hot tub ... it is one floor down ... we can see down but they can't see into our balcony ... the large picture windows that we can see out one "could" in theory see in but since they are way below our suite them seeing in is very difficult. 

• Like 1

Interesting video.  They look quite nice and the layout is different than the Jewel Class that had them already.  Now the bedroom is separate and has a door but if you had other guests who wanted to use the bathroom at night they'd have to come through your room.  That is kind of like Dawn/Star outer DOS where the bathroom is off the living room and the master bedroom has to go out of the room to get to it.

23 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Interesting video.  They look quite nice and the layout is different than the Jewel Class that had them already.  Now the bedroom is separate and has a door but if you had other guests who wanted to use the bathroom at night they'd have to come through your room.  That is kind of like Dawn/Star outer DOS where the bathroom is off the living room and the master bedroom has to go out of the room to get to it.

Huh? Are you referring to Jewel 15500? In the video, there is one bathroom @ 0:23 and the en suite bathroom @ 1:43.

Two bathrooms ... one full bath including shower and commode  right when you enter room and another linked to the master suite complete with tub, shower double sink and commode etc.  Then, outside of the master suite on the balcony is the hot tub. You can get to the balcony from the master bath and from the master bedroom.

• Like 1

We sailed in 15500 on the Pearl. We liked it so much, we booked another cruise in the same suite. On the Pearl it is just one big room.

In any event, NCL decided to charter the Pearl for the cruise we selected and offered to switch us to the Jewel which did not have that suite at the time. We had a great Personal Cruise Consultant  and she told us not to cancel, but wait to see what suite NCL would offer us. After a month or 6 weeks of waiting, we got upgraded to the Garden Villa at no increase in cost.

That was a 19 day cruise from NYC to LA through the canal, and it was fabulous.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Outerdog said:

Huh? Are you referring to Jewel 15500? In the video, there is one bathroom @ 0:23 and the en suite bathroom @ 1:43.

Ahh, you are right, I missed the first one.  That looks like a nice setup then.  I'd have to check, I think some of the other Jewel Class DOS also have a 2nd bathroom.  I know the Gem we didn't.

18 hours ago, MHKBCrusin said:

Two bathrooms ... one full bath including shower and commode  right when you enter room and another linked to the master suite complete with tub, shower double sink and commode etc.  Then, outside of the master suite on the balcony is the hot tub. You can get to the balcony from the master bath and from the master bedroom.

Thanks.  I saw 7-up in the fridge.  Was that from NCL?  Also, the bottled water, I saw one mention of it recently and it looks like the water behind the coffee maker is some other brand - is is a NCL bottled water?  They used  to have Aquafina and San Pelligrino.

The design and deck plans do not show these cabins square footage correctly -

Best video of this wonderful marvelous top of the ship suite is this LINK:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/youtube.php?id=11858

Just back from the last Seward-Vancouver cruise of the season and it is indeed the

best place to view any visited glacier or other feature.

Was in the Port side 15500 --- view to the Starboard side hindered.

Going thru the Haven Pool Area and up a staircase presents a wider balcony

area shared with all the Haven guests - with deck lounge chairs and cabanas.

Check this LINK for that area:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/youtube.php?id=3306

Had air conditioning (heat) problems - fixed

Water temperature not all that great 15 decks from the boiler room takes awhile for the hot water to get here

Lost water pressure on two occasions - unknown reason

Wet bar not laid out very well - phone next to coffee machine - careful with that phone cord

Coffee machine troublesome - had to punch the brew button 5 times to fill a cup

Lighting switches require an engineering degree to figure what does what

With gale force winds had a howling noise at the sliding balcony door

Creaky noises in hidden places on the glass front - like someone forget to install rivets holding things together

TV reception was intermittent - Alaska fringe areas

Jewel Movies are on the old fashion DVD method

Jewel TV accounting of your On Board Account - NOT AVAILABLE - bummer waiting in lines to get results

Towel animals discontinued - can be made limitedly on request

A remarkably different deck/floor plan from that of the DAWN

And about those stairs from deck 14 to 15 - well that sure makes these two DOS unique with a view

that only the Garden Villa can match.

Edited by don't-use-real-name