Suggestion for HAL: swap Tamarind and Club Orange

JennysUncle

5 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

It was like Pinnacle breakfast, with the parade of waiters with different jobs--one for pastries, one for juice/mimosa, one for coffee...

That is exactly what I did not like about my experience in the PG for breakfast!  Particularly, the "Coffee Steward".  A Steward whose job was serving something other than what I requested could not (maybe would not?) assist me.  When I wanted a another cup of coffee at the end of my breakfast, the Coffee Steward had disappeared.  Asking another Steward, I was told, "I'll get him."  I waited and waited; gave up in disgust and went to the Lido and got my cup of coffee!

They do seem to be stingy with their coffee refills, for some reason.  My friends who were on the cruise with us a few weeks ago made a joke about it without any prompting, too.  Pretty much "one and done" unless you caught them at the right time.

22 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

They do seem to be stingy with their coffee refills, for some reason.  My friends who were on the cruise with us a few weeks ago made a joke about it without any prompting, too.  Pretty much "one and done" unless you caught them at the right time.

On our recent cruise on the NA, we ate several breakfasts in the Lido. We were surprised by how attentive the waiters were, offering juice and coffee almost as soon as you sat down and refills on an ongoing basis. There was no problem getting a second cup of coffee, although I don't recall ever finishing the first before it was topped up!

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

On our recent cruise on the NA, we ate several breakfasts in the Lido. We were surprised by how attentive the waiters were, offering juice and coffee almost as soon as you sat down and refills on an ongoing basis. There was no problem getting a second cup of coffee, although I don't recall ever finishing the first before it was topped up!

My comment about " a missing coffee steward" was directed for the poor service that I received when I had my first breakfast in the PG.  (I did not return until disembarkation morning in Port Everglades and the service was no better.)  My recent experiences in the Lido Restaurant regarding Steward(ess) attention during breakfast, lunch, and off prime lunch hours has been excellent.

4 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

My comment about " a missing coffee steward" was directed for the poor service that I received when I had my first breakfast in the PG.  (I did not return until disembarkation morning in Port Everglades and the service was no better.)  My recent experiences in the Lido Restaurant regarding Steward(ess) attention during breakfast, lunch, and off prime lunch hours has been excellent.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I realized that you were commenting on the PG and I was simply adding my experience in the Lido by way of contrast.

Totally agree about the Lido prompt service once your able to find a seat! PG breakfast will not be missed by us for all of the above mentioned reasons for our upcoming. Don't think its fair for folks to bash anything they have not yet experienced first hand.  Change of routine is uncomfortable for most of us. Easy for everyone to be an armchair quarterback unless the experience and following opinion/review actually belongs to them.