Drinks/Dinner PCkage Discounts Onboard?

MR_T

Hi All, 

we we are on the Reflection in a couple of weeks and was wondering what recent cruisers have experienced in regard to onboard discounts/offers for the drink packages & dinner packages, 

weve booked a deal in a speciality restaurant for night one but would like to maybe to get a 4 night package as well, 

thanks in advance for any replies 👍🏼 

Is the 4 night package showing as available in your Cruise Planner?  If not they may be sold out.  The 3 & 4 night packages have been fairly popular and on our last 2 cruises were not available in the CP when it checked about 2montghs before our cruise.  The only discount we could find on-board was for 30% off Silk Harvest , our least favorite  restaurant.  

22 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Is the 4 night package showing as available in your Cruise Planner?  If not they may be sold out.  The 3 & 4 night packages have been fairly popular and on our last 2 cruises were not available in the CP when it checked about 2montghs before our cruise.  The only discount we could find on-board was for 30% off Silk Harvest , our least favorite  restaurant.  

Hi, 

yes all all packages/restaurants  are still showing as available so maybe that means that they are not selling well ahead of time, I guess we’ll find out for sure in a couple of weeks, 

fingers crossed a deal deal shows either before or afemter boarding 🤞🏻 

We were on the Equinox last week and everybody other than Captain Kate offered to upsell us a drink package.  We already had premium but there was no discount mentioned.  The dining packages were heavily sold (Captain Kate may have tried to sell us one of those) especially Sushi on 5.  As far as I could tell there was no availability after 5:30 and before 9 for the in demand venues, so it would depend on what you would consider a normal dining time.  Other than first night dining, Sushi on 5 and Silk Harvest there was no mention of discounts.  At one point I was told that I could buy Sushi on 5 for whatever I would offer.  My wife hates sushi.  If you want a dining package and wish to eat at a reasonable time you should book well ahead of your embarkation date.

• Thanks 1

And our experience differs from others.  We took two X cruises in 2018.  Both were sold out.  MANY crew members selling drink packages and upgrades to premium.  No discounts that I ever heard about, but I admit that we didn't look very hard (we're quite happy with the classic package as a perk).  

We repeatedly looked and asked for discounts on specialty restaurants on both cruises. Absolute NONE, with two exceptions:  First night and Q'sine.  AFAIK, Q'sine was discounted every night of both cruises, yet remained pretty empty throughout.

Our cruises in prior years had discounts regularly for specialty restaurants.

There have been, and still are discounts on drink packages RIGHT NOW for some cruises. (At least ours).

dining packages are at a discount from regular prices already, but even they are sometimes on “sale” before the cruise (we bought them twice that way), but I haven’t seen a dining package discounted onboard.

What you will see onboard is usually discounts PER NIGHT depending on availability. 30% off is the norm, sometimes reaching 50% depending on restaurant and popularity.

Qsine was always the easiest and Murano and the porch the hardest to get a deal.

• Thanks 1

Honestly If you want to be sure of discounts on speciality restaurants just book a package in advance as we have. Every cruise is different but you will not be making any additional savings over the package, especially if you want Murano which will stop selling discounts on board very quickly. 

• Like 1