MEDALLION QUESTION

BOOFER9

We just returned from a Princess cruise. The border  on the case was blue however all the medallions were the color of your status on Princess - blue, ruby, gold, gray and black. The border may be changed by the guest.

See photo. We purchased badge holders at Office Depot rather than use the lanyard Princess gives guest.

20190126_160645.jpg

14 hours ago, Thrak said:

I agree that you should check out your status as listed on the Princess site. They have been known to screw that up before.

If your status changed since you made a booking, the status in the Personalizer for a booked future cruise will not change unless you contact Princess, even if the status is updated in your Captain's Circle profile.

7 hours ago, caribill said:

If your status changed since you made a booking, the status in the Personalizer for a booked future cruise will not change unless you contact Princess, even if the status is updated in your Captain's Circle profile.

That's true but it would take a number of cruises to move from blue to platinum. Of course I suppose the "crack" Princess IT team could manage it...

I just returned from Caribbean Princess;  not many people pay attention to the color of the medallion.  You can have it on a lanyard; or broach, or watch;  it is small and not that significant.  However, if you are concerned about the colors; when you arrive at the port; there will be medallion people all over the place who can help you with that.  You will have cruise cards in your stateroom when you arrive.  Your choice to use cruise card or medallion.  I actually kept mine in my little change pocket in my jeans.  Worked there too.