Aqua Adventure park

Cbear1973

Hey, everyone.

Booked the Aqua Adventure Park excursion in Costa Maya.  I see where it says the tour (trip to the waterpark) is from 930 to 1230.  Do we really only get 3 hours at the waterpark?  If that's true, would 3 hours be enough time for my kid and me to do all the water slides and lazy river?

Wondering this too as we have it booked for our upcoming trip.  It's funny as when we booked it, the excursion description said 5.5 hrs, but I noticed that in My Calendar it shows 9am - 12pm.  I'm hoping that we can return on our own and stay longer if wanted.  

When is your trip?  I can let you know our experience.  Cruise is a week Sat.

• 3 weeks later...

Guess you'll miss this post as you must be on your cruise now but for anyone else interested, there is an excursion time to get you to the park.  Then to return they have shuttles that go back to the port and do you can return at your leisure.

The park is really nice.  There are some crazy huge slides (DS liked some, DH hurt his elbows and head).  There is also a nice smaller waterslides section, a few pools , and a nice lazy river.

Since you can walk to the park from the cruise port, not sure if excursion is necessary.  Guess it would depend on the availability of separate entry not via excursion.  Since this "attraction" looks way of out line expense wise to me, we have avoided it in the past.  But younger folks and families seem to enjoy it as an alternative to local beaches.

3 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Since you can walk to the park from the cruise port, not sure if excursion is necessary.  Guess it would depend on the availability of separate entry not via excursion.  Since this "attraction" looks way of out line expense wise to me, we have avoided it in the past.  But younger folks and families seem to enjoy it as an alternative to local beaches.

Yes true...it is quite close so probably walkable.

We booked through Royal and got a very good price on Black Friday.  We just booked the water park tickets, but there are other options to combine with zipline, beach or just zipline.

• 5 months later...
On 3/19/2019 at 7:16 AM, LuCruise said:

Yes true...it is quite close so probably walkable.

We booked through Royal and got a very good price on Black Friday.  We just booked the water park tickets, but there are other options to combine with zipline, beach or just zipline.

Do you recall, if you book just the water park, can you add on the  zipline once you get there? Once inside the park, how do they know you only paid for the waterpark portion?  Isn't it all one park?

Just an FYI...we booked using our cruiseline, which had a meeting time of 9:45am. We just ended up getting off the ship at 8am and walking there and went in. You don't have to wait on the cruiseline and their "transportation" to go. Hours are not set in stone and you can go whenever.

They have shuttles running every 1/2 hour during the day to get you back...or simply walk back if you'd like.

2 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Just an FYI...we booked using our cruiseline, which had a meeting time of 9:45am. We just ended up getting off the ship at 8am and walking there and went in. You don't have to wait on the cruiseline and their "transportation" to go. Hours are not set in stone and you can go whenever.

They have shuttles running every 1/2 hour during the day to get you back...or simply walk back if you'd like.

Did it end up cheaper through your cruiseline? I know you were looking at just paying at the gate.

3 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Did it end up cheaper through your cruiseline? I know you were looking at just paying at the gate.

Yes, it ended up being cheaper but only for the fact that we are platinum and get a 10% discount. Otherwise, it would have been the same price.