Allure Dry Dock?

suamom

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2019 at 7:23 PM, suamom said:

Anyone know the last time the Allure was in dry dock? I know she is scheduled for a huge renovation in 2020.

I am looking at a cruise on Allure in summer 2020...   is the drydock supposed to be in the spring?  

• 9 months later...

I was looking at a Mediterranean cruise on Allure in May 2020 out of Barcelona but after doing a little research, realized she will be coming out of dry dock so nervous about booking that month now.  Especially since I'm taking my parents on their first cruise ever and want it to go well! I thought maybe the May 31st cruise since it will be the 4th cruise since dry dock but now thinking maybe I should wait until September just to be safe in case the dry dock run behind. Any thoughts on this from anyone that has experience cruising right after dry dock?

3 minutes ago, carolinagalcruise2011 said:

I was looking at a Mediterranean cruise on Allure in May 2020 out of Barcelona but after doing a little research, realized she will be coming out of dry dock so nervous about booking that month now.  Especially since I'm taking my parents on their first cruise ever and want it to go well! I thought maybe the May 31st cruise since it will be the 4th cruise since dry dock but now thinking maybe I should wait until September just to be safe in case the dry dock run behind. Any thoughts on this from anyone that has experience cruising right after dry dock?

58 day dry dock,  $165 million in upgrades, back in service last week of April.  Could be some small work the first week but after that nothing. She is getting Amped just like Oasis last month, royal has refurbs down to a science. I would not hesitate booking in May.  We have a B2B Oct 25 and can't wait. Your parents will love it, we are in our late 60's and Oasis class is our favorite. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FSUNole said:

Does anyone know if this dry dock will include refreshing rooms?  Furnishings etc?

Oasis dry dock did not include any meaningful refresh of rooms.  Apparently some future spa suites got modest updates, but the vast majority of rooms were untouched.  

4 hours ago, uvadover said:

Oasis dry dock did not include any meaningful refresh of rooms.  Apparently some future spa suites got modest updates, but the vast majority of rooms were untouched.  

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Only as the cruise line deems necessary.

Yes, these are typically done on a cabin by cabin basis, where the ship's staff and the renovation department survey the cabins to determine the cost/benefit of renovating a cabin now or later.