What's up with flights from LGB to SEA?

CanWeGoYet?

Pricing flights for my return after my cruise this coming fall.  I realize it's too early to buy, but am shocked by the prices.  No non stop flights & what I do see are way expensive.  Anyone know if airlines have dropped the nonstops between long beach and Seattle?  It's been years since I've flown this route, but there used to be a wealth of good cheap flights.  

Most airlines already have their schedule out for Fall. Are you talking about Southwest?  Look for their current schedule for some ideas. No guarantees,  but if they are flying the route in June or July, likely they will be flying the routes in the Fall.

The economy is good. The fares are the fares. What you might have paid years ago has absolutely no effect on what the fares are today. 

Long Beach is a fairly small and slot controlled airport. Meaning airlines flights are limited by how many slots they have. 

JetBlue is the only airline that does LGB-SEA non-stop. Only 5 airlines fly there to begin with. So competition, on flights to Seattle are pretty low from LGB. It is still a bit far out for a domestic flight too. JetBlue I think has its schedule out but Southwest might not. 

If you find prices crazy look at the other airports, SNA, BUR and LAX. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flymia said:

Long Beach is a fairly small and slot controlled airport. Meaning airlines flights are limited by how many slots they have. 

JetBlue is the only airline that does LGB-SEA non-stop. Only 5 airlines fly there to begin with. So competition, on flights to Seattle are pretty low from LGB. It is still a bit far out for a domestic flight too. JetBlue I think has its schedule out but Southwest might not. 

If you find prices crazy look at the other airports, SNA, BUR and LAX. 

I do a lot of business trips where I need to work in Seattle and then follow it up with some work in Long Beach and/or Los Angeles. Alaska often offers some crazy low fares between Los Angeles and Seattle. I routinely fly SEA-LAX and SEA-SNA for $75-$90 one-way.

12 hours ago, Zach1213 said:

I do a lot of business trips where I need to work in Seattle and then follow it up with some work in Long Beach and/or Los Angeles. Alaska often offers some crazy low fares between Los Angeles and Seattle. I routinely fly SEA-LAX and SEA-SNA for $75-$90 one-way.

thanks, will hope to find a rate that good!