Bliss disembarkation with NCL airport transfer

ccody4

We're booked on an Alaskan Cruise in May R/T out of Seattle. Our return flight home is Jet Blue at 11:23 am the day the ship returns to port.  We've purchased airport transfers from NCL but never have in the past.   How does the disembarkation process work with airport transfers?  For example: are we assigned the time slot for disembarkation by NCL, how will we know when/where to meet shuttle to guarantee timely arrival at airport, will we have to "self assist" our checked bags.   Also we wanted to use the Seattle Port Valet for our checked bags...is that still possible?  Just a little concerned since our flight time was changed to an earlier time than originally scheduled.  Thanks!!

When we used the NCL transfer in Miami, it was on our edocs. On the 2nd last day there was a  “chart” delivered to our stateroom. It clearly showed the time & colour luggage tags for those with flights before a certain time, or after.

But caution, the chart said we were to have green tags disembarking at 8:45. But aqua tags  (for 9:45) were delivered to us. A quick trip to guest services fixed that. 

As we departed the building a security guard pointed us to the bus. 

6 hours ago, ccody4 said:

We're booked on an Alaskan Cruise in May R/T out of Seattle. Our return flight home is Jet Blue at 11:23 am the day the ship returns to port.  We've purchased airport transfers from NCL but never have in the past.   How does the disembarkation process work with airport transfers?  For example: are we assigned the time slot for disembarkation by NCL, how will we know when/where to meet shuttle to guarantee timely arrival at airport, will we have to "self assist" our checked bags.   Also we wanted to use the Seattle Port Valet for our checked bags...is that still possible?  Just a little concerned since our flight time was changed to an earlier time than originally scheduled.  Thanks!!

NCL uses motor coach from the Bell Street Terminal to the airport. They are located right outside the terminal door. As soon as a bus fills, they dispatch it. Buses start with self walkoff and continue through bags taken to the baggage hall with a color tag. It is super easy. 

Many passengers use the Port Valet service. You register early in your cruise, leave your bags outside your stateroom on the last night, and the next time you see your bags is at your home airport (no charge for overweight bags!!!). When you are ready to disembark, you just walk off the ship and onto the motor coach. 

image.thumb.png.705d8e06bdb38f217441e3f845e9b3c4.png

16 hours ago, PatandStu said:

When we used the NCL transfer in Miami, it was on our edocs. On the 2nd last day there was a  “chart” delivered to our stateroom. It clearly showed the time & colour luggage tags for those with flights before a certain time, or after.

But caution, the chart said we were to have green tags disembarking at 8:45. But aqua tags  (for 9:45) were delivered to us. A quick trip to guest services fixed that. 

As we departed the building a security guard pointed us to the bus. 

Thank You for the info!

15 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL uses motor coach from the Bell Street Terminal to the airport. They are located right outside the terminal door. As soon as a bus fills, they dispatch it. Buses start with self walkoff and continue through bags taken to the baggage hall with a color tag. It is super easy. 

Many passengers use the Port Valet service. You register early in your cruise, leave your bags outside your stateroom on the last night, and the next time you see your bags is at your home airport (no charge for overweight bags!!!). When you are ready to disembark, you just walk off the ship and onto the motor coach. 

image.thumb.png.705d8e06bdb38f217441e3f845e9b3c4.png

Thank you Bird!  So it looks like we would be able to us the Port Valet and self walkoff with the airport transfer. Since our flight out of Seattle is 11:23 am and should arrive 1.5 hrs prior, what time would you recommend we "walkoff" to allow enough time through customs and wait for the bus to fill and commute to airport?  I'm thinking 8:00ish or is that too late??

We used the airport transfer to get to LAX.  We did "self assist",  got off the ship (8ish) as soon as possible, and were able to get on the first bus .  You might also consider a taxi.  It is roughly a 30-40 min ride.  We waited at the "Local" to get off...get there early, because it will be BUSY. 

I'm assuming when using Port Valet you put out all your large luggage the night before but still keep back a carry on bag with the items and clothing needed for your disembarkation morning like any other cruise.  You then just carry that bag on the plane.  Is that right?

On 2/27/2019 at 8:34 AM, ccody4 said:

Thank you Bird!  So it looks like we would be able to us the Port Valet and self walkoff with the airport transfer. Since our flight out of Seattle is 11:23 am and should arrive 1.5 hrs prior, what time would you recommend we "walkoff" to allow enough time through customs and wait for the bus to fill and commute to airport?  I'm thinking 8:00ish or is that too late??

If you are getting a bus transfer to the airport, you will be assigned a time to leave the ship.

9 hours ago, Bigbluegal said:

We have flights out of Seattle on Sunday at 5:00 PM.  Would this Delta flight be eligible?

Look at Post #5, it says flights after 11:00 A.M.  Delta is listed as one of the carriers if it is a domestic flight.

This is a service from The Port of Seattle and not Norwegian and it is free.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Look at Post #5, it says flights after 11:00 A.M.  Delta is listed as one of the carriers if it is a domestic flight.

It's free and it's been quite successful for us.  I was doubtful that our bags would magically disappear from the ship and then reappear in Baltimore...but they did.  SO much easier, in my opinion.  If you can take advantage of this service, I recommend it.  One less thing to worry about.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 9:49 AM, www3traveler said:

I saw post #5 but it said between 11 and 1:30 am on Sunday so I was inquiring about 5:00 on Sunday which is after 1:30. It did not say if it began again on Sunday at 11.

2 hours ago, Bigbluegal said:

I saw post #5 but it said between 11 and 1:30 am on Sunday so I was inquiring about 5:00 on Sunday which is after 1:30. It did not say if it began again on Sunday at 11.

The information posted from from last years' sailings which for The Bliss was Saturday- Saturday (The Pearl--Sunday-Sunday).

This year The Bliss is replacing The Pearl for Sunday- Sunday.

I would assume that the service is available for both The Joy and Bliss.

Like I have said, this is a service from the Port of Seattle, not Norwegian so I am assuming that the service would be available for all Norwegian ships.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, madre2 said:

We will be getting off the Bliss a Pacific Coast cruise in LA in the fall. Will the valet service be available to us there?  And if so, what is the cost and earliest departure allowed?

The Port Valet Service is a service provided by the Port of Seattle.

When doing the NCL airport transfer, do you have to sign up before your cruise, or can you sign up onboard? This would be something good to use OBC for...to use after the cruise to LAX.

Edited by schmoopie17