Upgrades & gratuities

Newbie2006

I know it’s only a small amount more per day between regular and concierge class gratuities.... but I was wondering if celebrity increases our prepaid gratuity when they bumped us up a cabin class — or are we required to pay the $1/day in increased gratuities once we board?

a dumb question, but I am curious

Newbie2006

Good question.  How were you "bumped" up, via the MoveUp program?   Did you prepay or was it the perk?  If it was a perk I'd say you won't be responsible.   If however if you prepaid at final payment time they I'd say yes you would be responsible for the extra gratuities.

4 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Good question.  How were you "bumped" up, via the MoveUp program?   Did you prepay or was it the perk?  If it was a perk I'd say you won't be responsible.   If however if you prepaid at final payment time they I'd say yes you would be responsible for the extra gratuities.

I was totally unaware of the bump up... unless I haphazardly clicked an authorization somewhere unknowingly.

How did your move from a veranda to Concierge occur?  Did you pay to upgrade, did you submit a MoveUp bid?  Or did you just look at your booking online and find that your cabin had been changed.  

With the cabin you originally booked did you select prepaid gratuties as a booking perk?  

I have upgraded and not been charged extra when I had pre-paid gratuities as a perk. Unfortunately I've never been upgraded with no action to initiate it by me, so I don't know how that would work. If you were upgraded from verandah to concierge and are responsible for the extra it would only be $1 per person per day.