SSS Benefit upgrades on boarding

I know this has been discussed before, but I was just wondering.

If you get bumped to the next level of benefits on boarding a cruise, I believe you don't get things like custom air service.  But what about discounts on Choice excursions and Land programs?  (This could be substantial for us, since we will become Platinum on boarding our WC in 2021.)

Many of the other benefits just come with being on a world cruise, but I presume if the bump happened on a shorter cruise, one would get free laundry on that cruise, for instance?

Enquiring minds want to know!

Just now, Wendy The Wanderer said:

2018I know this has been discussed before, but I was just wondering.

If you get bumped to the next level of benefits on boarding a cruise, I believe you don't get things like custom air service.  But what about discounts on Choice excursions and Land programs?  (This could be substantial for us, since we will become Platinum on boarding our WC in 2021.)

Many of the other benefits just come with being on a world cruise, but I presume if the bump happened on a shorter cruise, one would get free laundry on that cruise, for instance?

Enquiring minds want to know!

We were bumped to Platinum on boarding the 2018WC. No benefits before boarding...discounts etc, but once on board, the discounts for the choice excursions were applied to the already booked ones and. of course. to the ones we booked on board. We had all the other benefits of Platinum from the start of the cruise.

Carolyn

Edited by cwn
  • Like 1

Not sure, but suspect you would receive the Platinum discount if you book the "Choice" excursions while on board (i.e. after becoming Platinum) but not if you booked, and paid, in advance.

Don't think the discount applies to Land Programmes.

Jason O'Keefe would be able to give you a comprehensive and accurate response.

40 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Not sure, but suspect you would receive the Platinum discount if you book the "Choice" excursions while on board (i.e. after becoming Platinum) but not if you booked, and paid, in advance.

Don't think the discount applies to Land Programmes.

Jason O'Keefe would be able to give you a comprehensive and accurate response.

Thanks Flossie and Carolyn.  The reason I posted this was because I just got mail from Regent outlining my "next tier" benefits, one of which is stated as, "10% discount on Regent Choice excursions, hotel and land programs".  This latter could be construed two ways, but it would be nice if it applied to the Overland programs, since they are pricey.

I like Carolyn's answer regarding the Choice excursions--if they apply the discount retroactively, that means we can book in advance and still get the benefit!

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

Happy to add to this -

The new tier kicks in from the moment you board, therefore, the pre-cruise benefits are not applicable until the subsequent sailing. 

The savings on shore ex and such may be retroactively added once on board. For this to apply, the tour must be still available to book and it is suggested you inquire about these adjustments on the first day of the voyage.

The Platinum and Titanium benefit savings is applicable to Regent Choice, Pre- and Post-Hotel, as well as Pre- and Post-Land Programs.  As you can imagine, these savings can add up, particularly when adding hotels or land package costs.

Just now, Jason OKeefe said:

Happy to add to this -

The new tier kicks in from the moment you board, therefore, the pre-cruise benefits are not applicable until the subsequent sailing. 

The savings on shore ex and such may be retroactively added once on board. For this to apply, the tour must be still available to book and it is suggested you inquire about these adjustments on the first day of the voyage.

The Platinum and Titanium benefit savings is applicable to Regent Choice, Pre- and Post-Hotel, as well as Pre- and Post-Land Programs.  As you can imagine, these savings can add up, particularly when adding hotels or land package costs.

Thanks for settling this Jason.

We benefited from the 10% off the choice shore excursions I booked before we sailed. DS credited our account right after we boarded. It was a nice surprise and very easy.

We booked the ones we really wanted when we first could. They were all still opened when we boarded. We also booked several on board because I wanted more information about then...they have videos on board and our DS people were knowledgeable and if they didn't have answers for me they connected the tour provided and asked for me.

Edited by cwn

9 hours ago, Jason OKeefe said:

The Platinum and Titanium benefit savings is applicable to Regent Choice, Pre- and Post-Hotel, as well as Pre- and Post-Land Programs.

What about Land Programs during the cruise?

22 hours ago, travelwell said:

Well now I am jealous. The WC only gets us to Gold....

But on the WC you basically get almost everything that Platinum gets anyways.  Except for unlimited phone calls, as I understand.

7 hours ago, flossie009 said:

You took the words right out of my mouth!

7 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Yes, and thank you for reminding me of these.  The Overland Programs during the voyage are eligible for the savings too.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

But on the WC you basically get almost everything that Platinum gets anyways.  Except for unlimited phone calls, as I understand.

Wendy,

WC guests receive a selection of distinct perks not offered through the loyalty benefits. Ie. Free Luggage Shipping, Medical, Visas, Shoreside events, and a Pre-Cruise Gala.

The WC amenities that overlap with the loyalty benefits are limited to Free Laundry ultimately and you could also consider the Free Phone time, but that is earned through the loyalty tier achievement (as guests come on these voyages as a Gold-level member at minimum and would receive up to 3 hrs. phone time per segment.)  This last point may be one that is overlooked as our WC guests automatically achieve Gold-status immediately due to the length of the WC voyage.

On the flip-side, Platinum members receive a Free Custom Air Service, and 10% savings on Regent Choice tours, Pre- and Post-Hotels, Land Programs and the Overland programs that we've mentioned.

Sorry, I am still confused. Can someone help clarity my situation? With my previous short Regent cruise I will be only Gold as I will have less then 200 days even with WC. I know we get a lot of perks, many Included when Platinum, but I see nowhere in my literature or on Regents website where I would receive the 10% discount on Regent Choice, Overland excursions etc. Am I missing something or do you guys all have many more days then I have and have earned that great perk?

Glad to know about the discount on the Overland trips, that's great.

Travelwell, we currently have something over 100 days as we stand (123 maybe?).  So we're Gold and have been for quite some time and never thought to reach Platinum at our rate (we started cruising Radisson in 2000).  So reaching that status instantly, and then getting the Overland and excursion discount is definitely a nice perk. 

Jason, how will these discounts be applied once we board, to trips already booked and paid for?

Just now, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Glad to know about the discount on the Overland trips, that's great.

Travelwell, we currently have something over 100 days as we stand (123 maybe?).  So we're Gold and have been for quite some time and never thought to reach Platinum at our rate (we started cruising Radisson in 2000).  So reaching that status instantly, and then getting the Overland and excursion discount is definitely a nice perk. 

Jason, how will these discounts be applied once we board, to trips already booked and paid for?

Wendy, Last year we got credit back to our ship board account and at in the of the WC we had the choice of credit back to our credit card or cash. We took the credit card because it was a large amount and we were still traveling after we got off the ship.

2 hours ago, cwn said:

Wendy, Last year we got credit back to our ship board account and at in the of the WC we had the choice of credit back to our credit card or cash. We took the credit card because it was a large amount and we were still traveling after we got off the ship.

Nice.  We can probably use the credit for things like spas and more excursions.  Thanks.