Help. Want to upgrade my Cabin. Lose all promos??

turquoisesea

A suite became available on our cruise that we had wanted earlier but they were all sold out. Our final payment is not due until next Monday (although ours is already paid.)  I called and asked if I could change from club class mini suite to a suite and the representative said we would lose all the promos that we got when originally booked. We have rebooked numerous times to get a lower price and never lost our promos. Was this representative correct??

20 minutes ago, turquoisesea said:

A suite became available on our cruise that we had wanted earlier but they were all sold out. Our final payment is not due until next Monday (although ours is already paid.)  I called and asked if I could change from club class mini suite to a suite and the representative said we would lose all the promos that we got when originally booked. We have rebooked numerous times to get a lower price and never lost our promos. Was this representative correct??

I have had my TA do this in the past.

Dealing with Princess directly on stuff like this can be frustrating.

I would call back again and if you get the same answer ask to speak with a supervisor.

Yes you probably will. 

I believe only an up-sell will keep your perks.

Princess has had similar promos recently so I have moved from Promo to Promo with out losing much. One promo expired yesterday and today the price is much better. I will lose all my perks if I re-fare or change cabins.

It is possible a supervisor can over rule this but it is common if you change categories outside of a promo, you lose the promo.

Edited by Coral

20 minutes ago, Coral said:

Yes you probably will. 

I believe only an up-sell will keep your perks.

Princess has had similar promos recently so I have moved from Promo to Promo with out losing much. One promo expired yesterday and today the price is much better. I will lose all my perks if I re-fare or change cabins.

It is possible a supervisor can over rule this but it is common if you change categories outside of a promo, you lose the promo.

I have learned that you are correct. We have great perks and under the plan that started today the price is lower but the perks can’t compare. I took me over 30 minutes to get thru to Princess - they are apparently have phone problems.  

Perhaps an upsell?  Hahaha. 

Thank you for your advice 

1 hour ago, turquoisesea said:

I have learned that you are correct. We have great perks and under the plan that started today the price is lower but the perks can’t compare. I took me over 30 minutes to get thru to Princess - they are apparently have phone problems.  

Perhaps an upsell?  Hahaha. 

Thank you for your advice 

You really have to weigh it out and determine if the perks or the full suite is more important to you.  You only lose the perks if the promo you originally booked under is no longer in effect, ie:  the sip and sail, which is only for cruises booked out about a year ahead of time.  

Hopefully, you will get that upsell but club class mini's are nice, too