HOW MUCH TIME TO ALLOW?

Aussie Gal

We are doing a Cuban cruise on the Sirena and we arrive back into Miami at 7am. Is it feasible to be able to book a 10.50am domestic flight from Miami to Philadelphia or should we make it later which would be nearly 2pm?

Jennie

We just returned from a cruise that included Cuba.  The first group was called at 8:05. You have to find your bags, stand in line for Immigration, stand in line for a taxi and then a 20 minute ride to the airport.  There, you have to check your bags, go through TSA screening (those lines can be very long) and then get to your gate.  You must be at your gate 20 minutes before departure, and physically on the plane at least 10 minutes before. On our flight out of Miami, 6 people were sitting in a bar, and weren't at the gate and lost their seats.  So, if you think you can make your flight, go for it.  Personally, I wouldn't. 

53 minutes ago, kitty9 said:

On our flight out of Miami, 6 people were sitting in a bar, and weren't at the gate and lost their seats.

At 9:OO AM?   I like a drink, but it sounds like they had bigger problems than missing a flight.  😲

Thanks to you four for being so prompt and giving me the correct advice. I am so glad that C.C. is here for us to ask questions and get the correct answers.  We are so used to everything running smoothly here in Oz that I wasn't going to ask. We left our ship a few weeks ago at Circular Quay in Sydney at 8.25am.  We were at Sydney's Domestic Terminal for Qantas at 8.50am and we were checked in and through security just after 9am!  We had booked an 11am flight so we had two hours to wait.  You can see why I was a bit wary about asking!   I will definitely book the later flight. 

Jennie

• Like 1