Question About Beverage Package - Allure

Hi - in November we are cruising on Allure with two other couples (family). My sister-in-law works with someone who just came back from a cruise on Allure (with rave reviews) and told her that we should NOT buy the beverage package online now (currently $52/day) because if we waited we could buy it on the ship much less expensive. She said she got it for $12/day LESS by buying it onboard. Is this true or is she confused about the charges? My understanding was that we would get a significant discount buying it ahead online. Thanks. 

Not saying it's not possible to get a better deal onboard, but most info here seems to indicate that it's usually less expensive to purchase pre-cruise.  The price varies all the time, and by purchasing pre-cruise and watching the price, there's a good chance you can get the price close to it's minimum for that sailing. 

When you purchase pre-cruise, if you see a lower price, you can cancel for a full refund and re-order at the lower price.

51 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Not saying it's not possible to get a better deal onboard, but most info here seems to indicate that it's usually less expensive to purchase pre-cruise.  The price varies all the time, and by purchasing pre-cruise and watching the price, there's a good chance you can get the price close to it's minimum for that sailing. 

When you purchase pre-cruise, if you see a lower price, you can cancel for a full refund and re-order at the lower price.

As usual, our Host is spot on.    We were just on Allure Feb 17.   It WAS NOT cheap to buy on board.     I eventually got it pre sailing for $39pp/pd (plus gratuity).  Originally booked it for $49, then cancelled and re-booked for $4, and cancelled and re-booked again for $39.    On board they offered the pkg for $60pp/pd pus 50% off the 2nd person.  Net net it worked out to $45pp/pd for two people in the same cabin getting the pkg.

I always recommend buying the package pre sailing.   Could serendipity pop up and by some miracle its offered on board cheaper....sure.   But the next time I see that will be the first time.

• Like 1