Silly Cheers Question

xostacylee

2 minutes ago, xostacylee said:

Do they take your S&S card every time you order a drink? Or how do they know you're on Cheers? (Like I said... silly question!)

Thanks in advance!

They take your card any time you purchase  something on the ship, including drinks.  The computer system knows if you have the Cheers program. They used to always put a Cheers sticker on your S&S card. However, on the last three cruises I have been on they (bartenders) never put a sticker on my card or my wife’s card. 

29 minutes ago, SandiLynn said:

Yes they use you card every time,   you can add additional tip and if you are still in port there will be port taxes added only.

So on overnight visit. i.e. Cuba, you will be charged tax on every drink throughout the course of the day and night?

Not that it would really ever be more than $15 just curious so that when I see it on the bill I understand!

Thanks 

4 minutes ago, Jnew2176 said:

So on overnight visit. i.e. Cuba, you will be charged tax on every drink throughout the course of the day and night?

Not that it would really ever be more than $15 just curious so that when I see it on the bill I understand!

Thanks 

You are charged taxes when in a US port.  So home ports on embarkation day until you are officially off-shore (12 miles or more, I believe), and San Juan or Key West, for example, while you are "in port" (again, I think within 12 miles of shore, or maybe just while docked).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, coevan said:

not always, if you are a regular at a bar like Alchemy, they know your name and folio number and do not need to swipe your card

Good point.  Always amazes me how bartenders at every bar remember your name, your drink, etc., often after only ordering one drink at the bar. 

16 hours ago, coevan said:

not always, if you are a regular at a bar like Alchemy, they know your name and folio number and do not need to swipe your card

16 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Good point.  Always amazes me how bartenders at every bar remember your name, your drink, etc., often after only ordering one drink at the bar. 

This! and yes, it amazes me too, we had one night we ordered from a server in the Punchliner, and the next day we ordered from her on the Lido and she didn't need to see our cards, she remembered us and had our folio number.