Ship account charges...

6 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

I just booked my first Royal cruise yesterday. I have sailed Carnival and NCL. Usually there are two beach towels in my cabin. I take them to the pool/excursion. I put used beach towels on bathroom floor with bath towels. Room steward replaces both sets. As long as there are two beach towels in the room when I disembark, there is no problem. Is this not the case on Royal? This post has me rethinking....

That is not the case on Royal.  You get towels on the pool deck. They scan your card when you take them, and scan again when you return them.  As long as the numbers match, i.e. you return as many towels as you take by the end of the cruise, there is no charge.  If you still have towels out, they charge you $25 per towel.  This is not the case in suites, where there are towels in the room and they don't charge.

• Thanks 1

Yes,
On my recent Jewel cruise I was charged $4.15 every day. Charge said Windjammer. Every day had to call guest services and dispute. Same routine daily....charge appears, had to call to get it removed., GS removes it . Appears again next day. Finally had to go down the last night, get my account closed and get a zero bill.
On the first leg of our B2B, I was taking care of erroneous charges every time they appeared. No idea why it took an entire week of this to figure out I should wait until the end and do it once. Which is what I did for the second leg. A few charges were already corrected by the time I went to GS on the last morning.

Still a hassle, but one trip was better than multiple.

Yes,
On my recent Jewel cruise I was charged $4.15 every day. Charge said Windjammer. Every day had to call guest services and dispute. Same routine daily....charge appears, had to call to get it removed., GS removes it . Appears again next day. Finally had to go down the last night, get my account closed and get a zero bill.
On the first leg of our B2B, I was taking care of erroneous charges every time they appeared. No idea why it took an entire week of this to figure out I should wait until the end and do it once. Which is what I did for the second leg. A few charges were already corrected by the time I went to GS on the last morning.

Yes,

2 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

I just booked my first Royal cruise yesterday. I have sailed Carnival and NCL. Usually there are two beach towels in my cabin. I take them to the pool/excursion. I put used beach towels on bathroom floor with bath towels. Room steward replaces both sets. As long as there are two beach towels in the room when I disembark, there is no problem. Is this not the case on Royal? This post has me rethinking....

On Princess they no longer have in room but you just pick up as many as you need near pool and either throw them in the bin there or leave in cabin.  Don't let this discussion make you believe problem is severe.  We have had exactly one time we were charged after cruise out of about 25 cruises.  Annoying, but easy to get the charge removed.  Or if you are really worried about it just to a cash account onboard and pay it off with credit card last night.  Whole thing is silly - the pay for the crew members monitoring the towels is probably higher than losses would be.  But do agree with Bob - we see a lot of towels left on beaches after excursions.  Lazy people is what caused this checkout system in the first place.

• Like 1

When we cruise with DD and her family, we routinely check out 6-8 towels when we go to the beach. When we return, we toss the mass of wet towels into the bin. No one has ever counted them, so I can’t imagine the system works very well. 

Didn't have any towel charges, but had a few incorrect drink charges and a whole mess with charges at the salon/spa. My wife and daughter did get services there, but not nearly what they were charged. I think there were something like 15 individual charges including ones put on a 4th person in our room's account who never went to the spa. The Spa manager did her best to make it right, but even she was not sure what all was going on with the charges. If you do get spa services, make sure you get an itemized list at the time so you know what yo should be charged for. 

14 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

There was a period of time that Royal stopped charging for towels. Many towels were left on the beach on excursions.  I remember seeing a sea of blue towels on the beach as we were sailing away from St. Croix once on Adventure,  The Hotel Director said he ran through his annual towel budget in 2 months. 

Royal started charging for towels again a few months later.

I once saw a photo posted somewhere of a local 'taxi' somewhere in the Caribbean with distinctive RC pool towels as seat covers - front & back. Guess someone is picking up the towels left behind by passengers 

14 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

There was a period of time that Royal stopped charging for towels. Many towels were left on the beach on excursions.  I remember seeing a sea of blue towels on the beach as we were sailing away from St. Croix once on Adventure,  The Hotel Director said he ran through his annual towel budget in 2 months. 

Royal started charging for towels again a few months later.

duplicate post! 

Edited by mr walker