Spring BREAKAWAY Live! 3/10/19

Gatorj

2 hours ago, Gatorj said:

Walk up to Shanghai’s Noodle bar to have dinner at 5:10 (they opened at 5).
“Do you have a reservation? If not, I’m sorry sir, all of our tables are full”

Um....ok? Off to find something else before a 6:30 show.

68d03b0c7d0dc1b5e45981c4231496a9.jpg

Is it my imagination?  The restaurant appears empty aside from 1, maybe 2 tables...

Hard to see for sure 🙂

So last night was a doozy. First, Rock of Ages was great. Let me soapbox again however. They announce this show as adult oriented with lots if language, sexual innuendo, and that it is loud and obnoxious. If that sounds like it would offend you, DON’T GO. Many people got up and left in a huff because there was foul language, sexual innuendo, and loud and obnoxious behavior.

Next time, listen to the announcements, read the info, and don’t be “those people”.

Back to the evening.

After the show it was down the the Dancing with the stars show. It was entertaining to say the least. If you’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all, but still fun to watch.

Up to Syd Norman’s. Referring back to a very early post where my spelling and use of the word Sid was critiqued and the name Syd was referred to as short for Sydney (almost always a girls name).

Syd Norman was a guy.

After a while in Syd’s it was time for Shakers. Out come the dice for a 2 hour long game of 7-14-21. Bartender’s choice for the shot. If you’ve played it, you know. We ended up recruiting 2 more groups to join in and soon we had about 10 people playing. Yep, glad I had the patch. The DW did not. Rough morning today indeed.

So today we stayed on the ship and it’s surprisingly empty. A port like Costa Maya is not typically a super busy excursion day, especially with the short duration in port. So, empty ship and Osheehans for lunch. Good times.

Day 6 Daily:
55d7e2009cc98660ea0ed91e13658c01.jpgf4e0a2df019678c95d1987e9c5c29cf8.jpg84b5de2fb00b89da61b73ec3b1b935d7.jpg

• Haha 1

Ok, I’ll be the first to ask, what does PBP stand for?

Premium Beverage Package
Aka
Free Booze

For those haters out there throwing shade at the mandatory gratuities added to the package and saying it’s not really free....

You pay 20% gratuity on anything purchase onboard (drinks, food, etc), so why would you think you shouldn’t have to pay a gratuity on the drink package. Gratuities are how the service folks get paid. If the line gave everyone free drinks without the gratuities, they wouldn’t have the $$ to pay the service employees.

To those that don’t agree with that, do a little research on the cruise lines profit margins. They’re pretty slim as it is. Where would those funds come from if they didn’t charge the gratuities?
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Gatorj said:

Martini tasting. Now 6. Let me say that again......SIX martinis. Let me run back to the room for another patch.

375cd5a18c905403700df45e1126c149.jpg

I'm going to call Rebound and demand a royalty fee for their product... Looks like you're having an awesome cruise!...

On 3/8/2019 at 4:32 PM, Gatorj said:

So, you ever wonder why you can’t get any ground service and it takes forever to get off a plane? Welp, apparently they are playing basketball. 8aee990d61e35b9e4fb4d123458c3b3c.jpg

Yeh, that’s what they do in New Orleans!

As a "ground service" worker, with the strenuous work and effort in making sure your luggage and personal belongings make your flight a lil recreation in-between flights is sometimes a stress reliever. We work harder than people know and most of the time it's not us to blame. Just saying.

• Like 3

So, you ever wonder why you can’t get any ground service and it takes forever to get off a plane? Welp, apparently they are playing basketball. 8aee990d61e35b9e4fb4d123458c3b3c.jpg

As a "ground service" worker, with the strenuous work and effort in making sure your luggage and personal belongings make your flight a lil recreation in-between flights is sometimes a stress reliever. We work harder than people know and most of the time it's not us to blame. Just saying.

22 minutes ago, divajd37 said:

And a big THANK YOU to all of you. The behind the scenes worker bees rarely get the appreciation the deserve!

On 3/11/2019 at 11:55 AM, Gatorj said:

So, I do have a little vent, so if you don’t appreciate what I have to say, skip this section and move along.

There were 12 people at the meet and greet. 12. NCL has a very nice food and beverage setup and there were 9 officers. It was embarrassing. I know we had 30-40 on the meet and greet signup, so....if you’re not going to show, don’t sign up.

Yikes! This is (quite literally) my nightmare. I currently have 135 signed up (for the 3/24 sailing) and they had to change the venue because our numbers are so big. May I ask...did the meet & greet coordinator volunteer do everything they could to make sure people showed?

I've hyped it up like crazy, we have prizes to give away that I've shown in the roll call, I'm delivering invitations to each cabin on Sunday night, I'm responding personally to everyone beyond the "got you." We have a gift exchange, a slot pull, and a cabin crawl and pub crawl later in the week. What else should I be doing to ensure a high turnout?

Thanks for the post. Call it editorial humor. I fly a lot and recognize most of the issue is airline scheduling inefficiency. Just come along for the ride. Trying to have fun here.

6 martinis.

Thank you, come again.
  • Like 2