Refundable deposit - sorry for the 10,000 thread!

So soorrrry, to make another thread on this. I actually searched through the others, but couldn't find my answer!

I did a mock booking, right through to choosing Refundable Deposit, which was $210 CDN.  Are the prices on the website all non-refundable?  The additional $210... would that normally have been worked into the actual website price prior to the refundable / non-refundable days?

$210 doesn't seem like that big of an amount TBH.  Is that a good amount for that type of additional deposit?

9 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

So soorrrry, to make another thread on this. I actually searched through the others, but couldn't find my answer!

I did a mock booking, right through to choosing Refundable Deposit, which was $210 CDN.  Are the prices on the website all non-refundable?  The additional $210... would that normally have been worked into the actual website price prior to the refundable / non-refundable days?

$210 doesn't seem like that big of an amount TBH.  Is that a good amount for that type of additional deposit?

Answer to the "actual website price prior..." question is who knows.  Royal Caribbean decided to do this add this additional "option" which I think is to prevent people to make multiple books to "hold" a cabin, which messes up their inventory management and thusly maximising their revenue potential.

As you found you can book a refundable deposit cruise for an additional $210, so I am not sure why state "are all prices on the website non-refundable".  It seems you found the refundable "button" unless you found the additional amount somewhere else.

"Is that a good price"?  That is your decision.  Royal Caribbean sets the difference.  For me, I normally book a cruise up to a year in advance.  If it is a local cruise i.e. something out of Florida, I would probably book a refundable deposit, since I don't normally buy cancel for any reason insurance.  If I book a cruise with additional cost such as airfare, hotels etc. I buy the insurance.  In that case, I would probably go the NRD route.  (The NRD started after our last air/cruise/hotel trip).

The last year, our cruises have been booked within the lose 50% of your cruise cost, so the NRD is really a non-factor  

2 hours ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

... Are the prices on the website all non-refundable?  ...

Bookings for Grand Suites and better always require non-refundable deposits.  Other bookings can have refundable deposits, but you have to go through almost the entire booking proces on the web (including passenger names, etc.) before you see the option to opt for refundable deposit.