MSC new drinks packages 2019

Happy traveller8

2 hours ago, Happy traveller8 said:

If you check out this post from another topic ,  it is from a cruiser who said this card was placed in the bars.  It’s a comparison list for old and new packages! 

Hope this helps all. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2613904-preziosa-drinks-package-info/

That's a great comparison in that thread for the card codes.

Thanks to everyone who has replied & helped - much appreciated.

I think I've got my head round it (think we'll be on 431) even if it's not the package I'd hoped for! 

15 hours ago, Grandpa100 said:

Are there any major differences between the two packages or is it just name only? 

The Classic (US-based) was more expensive, but covered a wider range of drinks.

(As an FYI ... The new Premium and PremiumPlus packages are also dearer for US-based sailings).

On 3/14/2019 at 3:35 AM, jjh9 said:

Our code is 472 and we can not get premium+ they do not offer this package on my 13 Nov cruise out of Genoa

You would probably be able to upgrade onboard, but the cost would be subject to the 15% service charge which would add another €33.60 (based on 7 nights X 2 persons).

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

The Classic (US-based) was more expensive, but covered a wider range of drinks.

(As an FYI ... The new Premium and PremiumPlus packages are also dearer for US-based sailings).

Thank you for the information. That clarifies why Bombay gin is only on the Classic package on lists I've found. 

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

You would probably be able to upgrade onboard, but the cost would be subject to the 15% service charge which would add another €33.60 (based on 7 nights X 2 persons).

Our is 17 nights

1 hour ago, jjh9 said:

Our is 17 nights

You're looking at another €81.60 service charge on top of the upgrade cost for 2 people - (€16 x 2 x17) x 15%.  Perhaps you should contact MSC to see if they've had a change of heart regarding upgrading pre-cruise.

Totally new to CC. I had been cruising with RCI and Celebrity 17 times. Coming April 14 will be my first time with MSC cruise on Bellissima so not sure what to expect. Anyhow, we also booked MSC Seaside for August. We booked before the drink package changed. It is Drink on Us included to the fare. My question is anything change to the Drink on Us? If it changes do we still get the drink before the change?

16 minutes ago, CruiseLand said:

Totally new to CC. I had been cruising with RCI and Celebrity 17 times. Coming April 14 will be my first time with MSC cruise on Bellissima so not sure what to expect. Anyhow, we also booked MSC Seaside for August. We booked before the drink package changed. It is Drink on Us included to the fare. My question is anything change to the Drink on Us? If it changes do we still get the drink before the change?

You will stay on drinks on us package plus of course the 15% charge on top of each drink

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I have read through all of these posts and I'm still confused. I have the Aurea package and on my ticket it says "All-inclusive drink package included." It keeps wanting me to upgrade so I'm guessing we don't have the highest package. Then I keep reading things about service charges for EVERY drink even with this package. While looking at their website NOW, I see easy package, premium package and premium plus. Where in my ticket will I know which one I have? Online when it describes the packages for example under easy it says "selected spirits and cocktails"- will there be a list on board or what or it just everything up to the $6 price point? I did find online it said benefits of Aurea is "unlimited easy drink package." Anyways, seems like there's seven different answers. What do you all think?

1 minute ago, laurenwx13 said:

Ok I have read through all of these posts and I'm still confused. I have the Aurea package and on my ticket it says "All-inclusive drink package included." It keeps wanting me to upgrade so I'm guessing we don't have the highest package. Then I keep reading things about service charges for EVERY drink even with this package. While looking at their website NOW, I see easy package, premium package and premium plus. Where in my ticket will I know which one I have? Online when it describes the packages for example under easy it says "selected spirits and cocktails"- will there be a list on board or what or it just everything up to the $6 price point? I did find online it said benefits of Aurea is "unlimited easy drink package." Anyways, seems like there's seven different answers. What do you all think?

If you booked before Nov 12th last year, the Aurea package is the Classic (534);  if you've booked since then, the package is the Easy (689) package.  The code on your cruisecard will indicate which you have.  The former is more comprehensive than the latter and includes gelato.

Not to confuse matters too much, but we booked our Aurea Duplex Suite in July, 2018 (we're in the US and booked online.) We just sailed the Meraviglia in March, 2019. We were told upon boarding that we had the Easy Package. I pushed back and suggested that we had the "classic," and even spoke to the Bar Manager on the ship, but was assured that we had the "easy."  That package is "all inclusive" for drinks under $6. After checking the menus, we upgraded to "premium plus" not because we're heavy drinkers, but simply to be able to order what we wanted to drink wherever onboard we wanted to drink it. We were very happy with our choice, but it's pricey and certainly not for everyone. It definitely seems to be a topic of confusion not only for cruisers, but for staff as well.

18 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

If you booked before Nov 12th last year, the Aurea package is the Classic (534);  if you've booked since then, the package is the Easy (689) package.  The code on your cruisecard will indicate which you have.  The former is more comprehensive than the latter and includes gelato.

Ok so I booked before that but I see no code anywhere. In the app I don’t even see anything about a drink package. I looked through that 40 page ticket and can’t find where the code is. 

Just now, laurenwx13 said:

Ok so I booked before that but I see no code anywhere. In the app I don’t even see anything about a drink package. I looked through that 40 page ticket and can’t find where the code is. 

It doesn't show on documents (usually).  It seems that MSC's system has not been programmed to take account of what's included for which booking and will only indicate that a drinks package is included.

I've never seen the code indicated on our docs unless I'd upgraded.  The only time I'd have a concern is if the code wasn't correct on my cruisecard at embarkation, which is something I've never experienced.

CelebrationFamily ... we were on Armonia in January and had no problems with our Deluxe package;  the crew were very au fait with the range of packages.

Just now, Beamafar said:

It doesn't show on documents (usually).  It seems that MSC's system has not been programmed to take account of what's included for which booking and will only indicate that a drinks package is included.

I've never seen the code indicated on our docs unless I'd upgraded.  The only time I'd have a concern is if the code wasn't correct on my cruisecard at embarkation, which is something I've never experienced.

CelebrationFamily ... we were on Armonia in January and had no problems with our Deluxe package;  the crew were very au fait with the range of packages.

So I know no way of knowing. Lol I don’t want to upgrade when I get there. I guess I can call them?

I'd give them a call, Lauren. I wish I had done it beforehand...rookie mistake. As I said, in the end we chose premium plus and decided to "let it go" (even though I know we didn't get the lowest price, we enjoyed the convenience and learned our lesson to be on top of it next time!) Enjoy your cruise...overall we had a fantastic experience and are already looking forward to our second and third MSC sailings! 😎

26 minutes ago, laurenwx13 said:

Lauren - Mine is in the "Your Purchased Services" Section.  It looks like this (code highlighted):

"431N9S19 - ALL-INCLUSIVE RESTAURANT & BAR DRINK PACKAGE A. - UNLIMITED SPIRITS
(PREMIUM BRANDS ARE EXCLUDED), LIQUEURS, APERITIFS, WIDE SELECTION OF COCKTAILS, WINES BY THE GLASS (OUR SELECTION OF WHITE, RED AND ROSÉ WINE), BEER, SODAS, FRUIT JUICES, MINERAL WATER, ESPRESSO, CAPPUCCINO AND OTHER CLASSIC HOT DRINKS, AND TAKEAWAY ICE CREAM IN A CONE OR CUP. THE DRINKS INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE CAN BE CONSUMED IN ALL BARS, SELF-SERVICE BUFFET AND RESTAURANTS, INCLUDING THE..."

27 minutes ago, laurenwx13 said:

So I know no way of knowing. Lol I don’t want to upgrade when I get there. I guess I can call them?

If you upgrade before you embark you'll save the 15% service charge that's added when done onboard.  Here's the cost to upgrade from Classic to the new Premium package (which is more comprehensive, but doesn't include gelato which Classic does):

673554847_ScreenShot2019-04-05at13_08_00.png.ee4fb25364a156ed5963df30def89e37.png

Edited by Beamafar