MSC new drinks packages 2019

Happy traveller8

12 minutes ago, Kateann61414 said:

So for the deluxe package when they say “food from room service” what exactly does that mean? (Bella service charge, pizza, dinner, hot breakfast? Etc) 

Deluxe includes all the food items (except pizza) but you have to pay the extra service charge of $7.95 for the hot items on both the breakfast and the dinner menus.

7 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

If you upgrade before you embark you'll save the 15% service charge that's added when done onboard.  Here's the cost to upgrade from Classic to the new Premium package (which is more comprehensive, but doesn't include gelato which Classic does):

Bea - Any chance you know about how much to upgrade from All Inclusive Rest & Bar to Premium?  The limited wine list offered with AIRB is making me think about the upgrade.

6 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Deluxe includes all the food items (except pizza) but you have to pay the extra service charge of $7.95 for the hot items on both the breakfast and the dinner menus.

I thought it was all free except those things either way?

4 minutes ago, EllaDuChien said:

Bea - Any chance you know about how much to upgrade from All Inclusive Rest & Bar to Premium?  The limited wine list offered with AIRB is making me think about the upgrade.

I've no idea as I haven't seen anything  posted about it, Ella, sorry.  Now, the R&B was €26 pppd and the new Premium is €39 pppd so it should be €13 pppd.  However, I've just upgraded from the Deluxe (which was included for YC when I booked) to the new PremiumPlus and I was charged €16 pppd;  yet the difference in price between the former and the latter is €13.  MSC regarded the Deluxe package I had as the new Premium (which is the one now included in YC)  for the purposes of upgrading (unlike what they're doing in the US, as is shown in the photo I posted).

One of the reasons I used to upgrade from the R&B to the old Premium was for the better selection of wines.  However, we did a couple of Med cruises where I didn't upgrade and found the wines to be OK considering how cheap the basic package was.  Having said that, there are a couple of reds on the better package that are worth upgrading for.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I've no idea as I haven't seen anything  posted about it, Ella, sorry.  Now, the R&B was €26 pppd and the new Premium is €39 pppd so it should be €13 pppd.  However, I've just upgraded from the Deluxe (which was included for YC when I booked) to the new PremiumPlus and I was charged €16 pppd;  yet the difference in price between the former and the latter is €13.  MSC regarded the Deluxe package I had as the new Premium (which is the one now included in YC)  for the purposes of upgrading (unlike what they're doing in the US, as is shown in the photo I posted).

One of the reasons I used to upgrade from the R&B to the old Premium was for the better selection of wines.  However, we did a couple of Med cruises where I didn't upgrade and found the wines to be OK considering how cheap the basic package was.  Having said that, there are a couple of reds on the better package that are worth upgrading for.

Hmmm...I think I am going to call and ask.  I am a red wine drinker, but not a big fan of Merlot so all I would have would be the Cabernet for 12 days.  Not the worst problem to have, but a little variety is nice somtimes!

Thanks!

• Like 1

The Cabernet Cicogna is my favourite on Med cruises.  I don't know if it'll still be on the wine list, but it was the most expensive per glass that was included in the Deluxe package.  There's also Regale Toscana - my second favourite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

If you upgrade before you embark you'll save the 15% service charge that's added when done onboard.  Here's the cost to upgrade from Classic to the new Premium package (which is more comprehensive, but doesn't include gelato which Classic does):

673554847_ScreenShot2019-04-05at13_08_00.png.ee4fb25364a156ed5963df30def89e37.png

Hi, My August Cruise has Drink on Us how much if I want to upgrade to Premium package? Do you know? Thank you in advance. 🙂

Depends on the ship, but, yes, it's usually in the reception area of the Spa (though, on Armonia, it was outside of the Spa on the pool deck).  Someone posted on here before that there wasn't a Spa bar on one particular ship, but I can't, for the life of me, remember which one.

I'll definitely be calling. There is nothing in my ticket except what's below which doesn't say anything about classic. But it looks like going from classic to premium is only $15 a day so that's do able. Hopefully customer service can help!

ALL INCLUSIVE UNLIMITED DRINKS
Nothing stands between you and pure pleasure during your Aurea
Experience, with all-inclusive alcoholic and soft drinks whenever
thirst strikes. All-inclusive drinks package to be consumed in all
bars, self-service buffet and restaurants. Ask our staff for full
information.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:44 AM, Beamafar said:

CelebrationFamily ... we were on Armonia in January and had no problems with our Deluxe package;  the crew were very au fait with the range of packages.

You made me look up au fait. :classic_biggrin: Seriously, thanks for all your info. I've come to rely on your posts and a few others here on the MSC board.

Just printed my edocs for my April 27 Seaside cruise. Upgraded from DOU to All-Inclusive Deluxe (536UPDOU) back in early December thanks to info found here on this site.

Final question, how do you pronounce Beamafar?

Jim

28 minutes ago, toledo_cruiser said:

You made me look up au fait. :classic_biggrin: Seriously, thanks for all your info. I've come to rely on your posts and a few others here on the MSC board.

Just printed my edocs for my April 27 Seaside cruise. Upgraded from DOU to All-Inclusive Deluxe (536UPDOU) back in early December thanks to info found here on this site.

Final question, how do you pronounce Beamafar?

Jim

I was actually trying (and failed miserably) to portray the image of a (sun)beam (ray) shining from a distance (afar).  I know, I know - epic fail.  :classic_blink:

Appreciate your kind comments and hope you have a wonderful cruise onboard Seaside.  We're sailing on her sister ship, Seaview, in August - looking forward to sailing this new class of ship.

You'll enjoy having the Deluxe package - well worth the upgrade!

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I was actually trying (and failed miserably) to portray the image of a (sun)beam (ray) shining from a distance (afar).  I know, I know - major fail.  :classic_blink:

You'll enjoy having the Deluxe package - well worth the upgrade!

Oh, okay. I thought perhaps it was some Irish pronunciation that I just wasn't getting. :classic_laugh: Now I get it.

As for the upgrade, it was a treat for my wife. She enjoys fancy coffees and especially the mini-bar. We love to just sit on our balcony and watch the world go by (sunbeams slanting from afar, or cloud patterns at sundown). We'll go pool side when we want to people watch. On this cruise, the ship is the destination. I get to report back to my usual travel group. It's tough being a guinea pig.

Jim

• Haha 1

Nothing Irish about my name, I'm afraid.  In fact, it has its origins in European royal houses (Beatrice).

Your description of the view you enjoy from the balcony is very poetic, Jim.  Can I be bold and say that you two look perfectly huggable in that photo!  😊

Bea

• Like 1

I've been following this topic closely and I thought I saw a 2019 list that was comparing all the new 2019 packages. I saw the 2018 one which shows all the drinks and what's included in what package. Anyone have that for 2019?

5 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Nothing Irish about my name, I'm afraid.  In fact, it has its origins in European royal houses (Beatrice).

Your description of the view you enjoy from the balcony is very poetic, Jim.  Can I be bold and say that you two look perfectly huggable in that photo!  😊

5 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Bea

Thank you very much, Bea. The photo is from a session we took while aboard the Holland America Westerdam back in 2014.

I'm just glad my concern about the drink pkgs has been answered. Fingers crossed...

Jim

Edited by toledo_cruiser
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Bea

So you are Dutch?

16 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Bea

Ah, Beatrice!  My beloved grandmother Raleigh's name!

On 4/5/2019 at 8:39 AM, EllaDuChien said:

Hmmm...I think I am going to call and ask.  I am a red wine drinker, but not a big fan of Merlot so all I would have would be the Cabernet for 12 days.  Not the worst problem to have, but a little variety is nice somtimes!

Thanks!

Bea - just as a follow up, when I called and asked for the upgrade price I was quoted $242 total for two people for  the 11-nights.  $11 a day.  I have two days to decide!

1 hour ago, EllaDuChien said:

Bea - just as a follow up, when I called and asked for the upgrade price I was quoted $242 total for two people for  the 11-nights.  $11 a day.  I have two days to decide!

I'm with Ikea on that - that's an interesting upgrade cost, and a no-brainer, I would say!  Well worth it even just for the better quality wine offerings.

4 hours ago, JAGR said:

Ah, Beatrice!  My beloved grandmother Raleigh's name!

Now that would have been a very English combination, John.

Hope you have a great visit home (I believe it's getting close, now).