Princess Emerald - Deck 8 Emerald OZ E118, E120 or E216

kaohaul

Hello, I am new to cruising and I'm looking at a Mediterranean cruise starting from Athens on Princess Emerald.

I would like to get a stateroom in OZ category. The only available rooms are E118, E119, E120, E121 and E216.

Does anyone have any information and recommendation on these rooms? Which is the best room out of these selection? Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you.

32 minutes ago, kaohaul said:

Hello, I am new to cruising and I'm looking at a Mediterranean cruise starting from Athens on Princess Emerald.

I would like to get a stateroom in OZ category. The only available rooms are E118, E119, E120, E121 and E216.

Does anyone have any information and recommendation on these rooms? Which is the best room out of these selection? Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you.

There is a website where you can take a look at the views of the obstructed cabins.  Renmar is the name of it...look it up.

57 minutes ago, kaohaul said:

Thank you.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/crown-princess

Thank you for your response, suzyed and reedprincess.

Yes I have looked into the images for each of those cabins. Since I've never cruised before, I would like to know more comments/opinions on those cabins. Currently I'm leaning towards E216 as it seems not as front of the ship as the other cabins.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, kaohaul said:

Thank you for your response, suzyed and reedprincess.

Yes I have looked into the images for each of those cabins. Since I've never cruised before, I would like to know more comments/opinions on those cabins. Currently I'm leaning towards E216 as it seems not as front of the ship as the other cabins.

Thanks!

I would agree that "not as front of the ship" is preferable.
Do a search on CC or Google for the specific cabin you are interested in.

11 hours ago, kaohaul said:

Thank you.

Emerald deck front is right above theater and can be very noisy at night.  I try and stay away from Emerald deck cabins

I believe we've been in E118 on one cruise (can't remember which ship) and as I recall it was an OK location.  View is not obstructed by lifeboat/tender and overlooks promenade deck.  At best it's over the backstage (really to the side of backstage) area of the theater--certainly not like being over the theater where maybe noise could be a problem.  It's main drawback is how far it is from the buffet <g>.  But it's usually available for a pretty low cost for an outside cabin.  We've been on the Emerald 3 times (2013 and twice in 2012) for a total of 42 days (2 of the 3 were TAs) so I'll go back in my records to see which cruise it was.  If it was "very noisy" as the poster above states, I doubt we would have booked it twice after our first stay there!  We liked to economize as we used to do 3 cruises/year, but not in a "bad" cabin!

The furthest forward INSIDE cabins on Emerald deck are right over the stage (or backstage) and there might be a noise problem in them during shows.  BTW shows are 45-60 min long and usually at 7 and 9 or thereabouts, so unless a pax is an early-to-bed type, should be no problem anyway.

Edited by BarbinMich

14 hours ago, kaohaul said:

Thank you.

Personally I would take 118. It looks out onto the Promenade deck but it is back behind the outdoor stairs going down to the lower main Promenade deck and there will be pretty much 0 foot traffic in the area outside the window.

The window is mirror tinted so during the day one cannot see in.

There is a door to the outside right next to/forward of 101/102 to take you onto the upper promenade deck.

This area/stairs will be closed from sunset to sunrise each night.

spyro1952, BarbinMich and Colo Cruiser - Thanks very much for your help and input.

I believe this cruise only has limited cabins left, so we can only select our cabin from Emerald deck.

E118 sounds promising and seems like it has less obstructed view compared to other available rooms.

Thanks again!