How will RCL pull this deal? Guarantee cabin on a sold out ship

20 hours ago, nelblu said:

Not knowing all of the rules or ins/outs, can the Ops communicate the needed info via e-mail.

This would be so helpful.  Someone on another forum is basically stating that they see a room available and they cannot give me the name of the TA, that's all I need.  My whole family is going on this cruise, it's so upsetting that someone sees the information that I need and they can't give it to me  😞

20 minutes ago, squeeky126 said:

This would be so helpful.  Someone on another forum is basically stating that they see a room available and they cannot give me the name of the TA, that's all I need.  My whole family is going on this cruise, it's so upsetting that someone sees the information that I need and they can't give it to me  😞

This forum is operated by a travel agency---it'S reasonable that they do not want to posters encouraging people to go to the competition.

As for the original question, I agree with most posters that IF the ship is nearly sold out, the most likely scenario is that various people will be offered Royal ups and the gty will get the level booked or maybe one higher.

That said, once upon a time we had booked an interior.  3 days before sailing a gty balcony became available for not much more so we upgraded to that.  We got assigned an Owner'S Suite!  

1 hour ago, squeeky126 said:

Either go to specific TAs website or Google search.  I do prior to booking with RCL or a TA, eg: E..dia, Un..ed, etc.  Some of these websites will identify the various cabin types, eg: D2, D5, D8, etc.  These are identified by color and which decks they pertain to.  RCL's website used to show the same info before making new & improved changes.:classic_tongue:

For instance, as mentioned in my previous post, RCL website showed 3 different guarantee balcony cabins, but no specific type of cabin.  I wanted to be sure that since I paid extra that there was a distinction between obstructed guarantee and non. Booked my Anthem's 9 nite August '19 sail directly with RCL and the agent assured me that it was a 5D cabin and was located on decks 8-12.  Not that I did not trust the agent, and went to a TA website and was able to confirm that the balcony guaranteed a D5 did indeed pertained to those decks--IMO, above the obstructed cabins.

Edited by nelblu