Hairdryers on the Getaway?

minimom5

So I'm starting to gather items to pack for our upcoming cruise on the Getaway and I'm wondering if it will be necessary to pack a hairdryer.  We will have a balcony room. I have found some older posts that mention hairdryers but nothing recent.  I've also tried to look at some youtube videos that show the bathroom but don't see a hairdryer anywhere in there.  Could someone chime in who has been a recent cruiser on the Getaway and answer this question for me?  I'm trying to pack as light as possible and don't want to bring anything that's not necessary. Thanks!

My wife has badass hair and needs a badass hairdryer. While most people may not need to bring their own, she would spend only 2 hours doing her hair instead of 4 if she can bring her own. Is she allowed to bring her own?

Be advised that I’m not actually sure how long it takes her to do her hair, but it feels like hours. Actual time may vary from quoted figures. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slugg said:

My wife has badass hair and needs a badass hairdryer. While most people may not need to bring their own, she would spend only 2 hours doing her hair instead of 4 if she can bring her own. Is she allowed to bring her own?

Be advised that I’m not actually sure how long it takes her to do her hair, but it feels like hours. Actual time may vary from quoted figures. 

She can bring her own. 

5 hours ago, slugg said:

The breeze on the top decks is stronger than you realize, dries hair in minutes...

5 hours ago, slugg said:

You can bring your own dryer and other styling tools.

As someone with thick and rebellious hair who owns a “nice” dryer, the ones on Getaway are pretty bad. 

You’re not seeing them because they’re usually stored inside the bathroom cabinets. 

On 3/13/2019 at 10:31 PM, AdoraBelle said:

You can bring your own dryer and other styling tools.

As someone with thick and rebellious hair who owns a “nice” dryer, the ones on Getaway are pretty bad. 

You’re not seeing them because they’re usually stored inside the bathroom cabinets. 

No they aren't. They are permanently attached under the desk in the main part of the cabin. 

30 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

No they aren't. They are permanently attached under the desk in the main part of the cabin. 

Yep.  The first time we were on the Getaway I couldn't find it for the life of me and finally had to call the butler (we were in the Haven) and tell him there positively was no hairdryer in the room.  He came to the room and showed me.

It was there.  Under the desk.  Where it was supposed to be.  I was mortified. 🤣

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 4:16 PM, minimom5 said:

So I'm starting to gather items to pack for our upcoming cruise on the Getaway and I'm wondering if it will be necessary to pack a hairdryer.  We will have a balcony room. I have found some older posts that mention hairdryers but nothing recent.  I've also tried to look at some youtube videos that show the bathroom but don't see a hairdryer anywhere in there.  Could someone chime in who has been a recent cruiser on the Getaway and answer this question for me?  I'm trying to pack as light as possible and don't want to bring anything that's not necessary. Thanks!

No way to contact them and ask? Anyway, it should be attached under the desk indeed, but it's very cheap and low-quality one. I prefer to have a small hair dryer and hair curler with me on every trip. I did some research and after reading this article I got myself Babyliss Nano straightening Iron and T3 Featherweight. I wanted to get Babyliss dryer but its cord is very unhandy.