Top Ten items for my stateroom

Sportgoofy

On 3/13/2019 at 10:37 AM, fyree39 said:

Truthfully, bring whatever you like.  The more you cruise, the more that packing list will change and adjust to what you find you do and don't use. I actually tossed some hangers into my suitcase before my last cruise and I'm glad I did. I prefer to hang my clothes so any wrinkles will fall out.  Yes, I brought the hangers home, too!

This is so true! My list went up as our cruises increased, and also as I saw suggestions on CC I added things. A number of cruises later my list shifted to what I really knew we would need. Now I have some stuff that has not made a trip in a while so probably needs to go in the "donate" bag.

21 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

First Aid Kit and Daily Medication.

Battery candle for bathroom overnight.

Towel pegs to secure towels when there are breezes across the open decks.

Electrical adapters and chargers.

I had some of these battery candles and security thought I had real candles out on the balcony.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:28 AM, Sherri914 said:

Things we always take:

• Short, multi-outlet plug
  • Collapsible hamper -- folds flat in luggage
  • Over-the-door plastic shoe rack (that we use for the outside of the bathroom door to keep toiletries.  It is helpful when one person is in the bathroom and the other is in the cabin trying to get ready.  Quick and easy access to toiletries without disturbing whoever is in the bathroom. 
  • Magnets w/ hooks - because the cabin walls are metal.  i use them to hold the daily Cruise Compass, and the hooks come in handy for things like your lanyard or whatnot. 
  • Highlighter to mark things on the Cruise Compass that i know for sure i don't want to miss
  • First Aid / Medicine Bag including the basics for tummy troubles, head cold, sinus, hangovers

I have not found that I need the hamper or shoe rack or the highlighter. We pack light so no need for extra storage.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:35 AM, Saturngrl said:

Others on my list:

• Foldable hangars
  • Magnetic hooks
  • Post It Note pad
  • Towel clips
  • Antibacterial wipes to wipe down the stateroom, all door handles and balcony railing
  • Packing cubes for organizing outfits and accessories
  • Downey Wrinkle Release
  • Poo Pouri

We use a blow up hanger instead, folds flat and can hold the shirts' front from its back for easy drying. We would only use the magnetic clips out of these items.

Poo Pouri? is that a typo? 

I must have flavored coffee creamer. 

OtC meds and bandaids.  Not full packages.

I buy 1 1/2 inch bags from Walmart and use them for jewelery and medication. A lot of ibuprofen will fit in one tiny bag. They take up very little room, can put them in a shoe or insulated cup  when packing. 

On 3/14/2019 at 4:46 PM, Sherri914 said:

I'm a very organized kind of person.  That probably drives some people crazy.   To each his own 😉 

Taking things that are not needed is not being organized.  It is being OCD.