What options are there for red wine drinkers on MSC?

happy cruzer

Hello,  We have been looking at a cruise on Meraviglia from New York next year.

The ship and itinerary look very good.

Confused about wine options.  We do love red wine at dinner.  So is there included food offered that pairs with red wine?

What are the options or packages that include red wine?  We have enjoyed lines like NCL that offer good wine packages.  And

Princess that offers a drink package with about 20 wines by the glass, bottled water, and coffees.  Celebrity offers two packages

with a bit of selection of red wine.  Also have carried on wine and paid corkage fees.  As far as cocktails, we might have one a day at most.

So my question really comes down to how to enjoy wine at dinner.  Thanks in advance.

Haven't sailed MSC yet, but my experience on most cruise lines is that someone who mainly drinks wine with dinner doesn't save money with a package.  It's better to buy a bottle every other night – much better selection, they keep the bottle for you to finish another time, and in the end you pay much less even if you add a cocktail here and there.  

Wine by the glass options for Easy package are very bad, Premium does get a little better.  Unfortunately it would take Premium+ for a selection I would call adequate and I'm not paying that price per day for what is on offer.  I agree with Jazzbeau the only way to get a really good selection at a somewhat affordable price is by the bottle.  I'm not sure if MSC still offers the wine bottle packages, I don't see them as available to book online anymore.  I think I saw them offered on the ship recently though.

The biggest problem will be that Meraviglia will probably change offerings once in the US, so even if someone comes up with a past or current wine package listing it very probably will be changed a little.  Perhaps it would be better to find if someone on Seaside or Divina can stop by the wine bar to see if they are still offering packages.  All I can find online is an old relic web page from the US site for the Chinese? market that shows what was once offered.  There's no pricing unfortunately and I don't remember that many different options on the ships.

https://www.msccruises.com/cn-cn/Manage-Your-Booking/Alcoholic-Packages.aspx

Again old info from Cruisemapper, but gives an idea.

Wine Package "Dinner Wine" The "Dinner Wine" MSC package offers house-brand wines - Dolcetto, Grillo, Montepulciano, Salento, Trebbiano. Passengers can choose between 1 rosé, 2 reds and 2 whites. Wines that are included in packages are available only in the main dining rooms. Unfinished bottles are conserved and served to you the next day.
  • $85 (7 bottles)
  • $120 (10 bottles)
Wine Package "Your Choice"

"Your Choice" wine selection gives you a choice of at least 20 labels featured in MSC select wine list. The low price of package allows guests save more than 20% off the regular wine prices.

The included in package wines are available only in the main dining rooms, and unfinished bottles are conserved and served to you the next day.

MSC’s dedicated sommelier is always onboard, available to assist with information and advice on available wines.

• $160 (7 bottles)
  • $220 (10 bottles)

2 hours ago, Até said:

Wine Package "Dinner Wine" The "Dinner Wine" MSC package offers house-brand wines - Dolcetto, Grillo, Montepulciano, Salento, Trebbiano. Passengers can choose between 1 rosé, 2 reds and 2 whites. Wines that are included in packages are available only in the main dining rooms. Unfinished bottles are conserved and served to you the next day.
  • $85 (7 bottles)
  • $120 (10 bottles)

"Your Choice" wine selection gives you a choice of at least 20 labels featured in MSC select wine list. The low price of package allows guests save more than 20% off the regular wine prices.

The included in package wines are available only in the main dining rooms, and unfinished bottles are conserved and served to you the next day.

MSC’s dedicated sommelier is always onboard, available to assist with information and advice on available wines.

• $160 (7 bottles)
  • $220 (10 bottles)

That would be great, but since DW doesn't drink I can't use 7 bottles in 7 days.  So it will be retail for me...

4 hours ago, Até said:

• $85 (7 bottles)
  • $120 (10 bottles)

• $160 (7 bottles)
  • $220 (10 bottles)

We didn't see either of these on our recent Divina cruise (or any wine package). You used to be able to book them online, but neither show up on any of our upcoming cruises (Caribbean or Europe), only drink packages.

29 minutes ago, XLVIII said:

We didn't see either of these on our recent Divina cruise (or any wine package). You used to be able to book them online, but neither show up on any of our upcoming cruises (Caribbean or Europe), only drink packages.

We had the Deluxe package the last several cruises so haven't paid much attention.  I thought I saw it recently and took pictures of the display, but after going through my recent photos I did not find any.  I might be wrongly remembering an earlier cruise.  Hopefully someone currently sailing can go and ask specifically, but yes MSC does not mention it any longer.

CONFUSED:

So what is included in the Premium Plus for wine? if i gues Premium Plus does it not apply to Dinner?

If anyone has any photos of what is offered on MSC Seaside for dinner menus I would love to see it.  and what the wine package costs.