Regatta: Clearance under beds?

FoxtrotTango

Hello Everyone,

We are looking forward to our first trip on Regatta this summer (Alaska, June 29th Departure).

I'm starting to plan our packing and wondered if anyone knew how high the gap was under the beds.  We usually use 'squishy' canvas holdalls but we are doing some touring before boarding, so considering slightly more 'robust' suitcases this time - and I'm wondering if the ones I have in mind will slide under the beds (we will be in a PH3, if that makes any difference). 

Many thanks in advance (and we hope to meet some of you on board!).

Fiona & Kathryn

Edited by FoxtrotTango
Notify me of replies

Besides, if it doesn't fit the crew will store it for you until you need to leave the ship.

I have a 28" suitcase and I'm pretty sure that it fit underneath the bed.  Certainly a 26" would ...

You shouldn't have a problem.  If you want to keep the suitcase "in house" in case it doesn't fit underneath the bed, I think Paul's suggestion is right on!

Mura

In the lower cabin cat  the 26"  fit under the bed   as stated above you may need to lift the frame to get it under  but no problem

I even  put  2 in the closet  on their sides

1 minute ago, azam71209 said:

I use rolling duffels in lower category cabins and open them under the bed, slide them out like drawers. Good for extra storage of things that won't get used often.

Mary

So agree, Mary!  I have a suitcase I slide under the bed to use like a drawer.  A good place to store things you won't use often or may/may not need.  Also, I know where they are rather than trying to remember where I put them in the cabin.  :classic_rolleyes:

If you try sliding the bag under the bed, the clearance is about 10". If you lift the frame then slide the bag underneath, the clearance before the bag and springs are touching is about 14". As far as surface area, we've had plenty of room under the bed for two 26" bags and two 18" rollaboards.

Edited by Rob the Cruiser